gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  8 gates one track!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 8 gates one track!!!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
8 gates one track!!!
« on: July 05, 2006, 12:26 PM »
When I were a lad, one of the national's was held at/near Birmingham and the track had something like 8 diffrent start gates. This was in 85-88ish, does anyone know if this track or any track is still on that site and where it was?

Muchass grasseee asss amigo's

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: 8 gates one track!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 04:13 PM »
It was either Cocks Moor or Sennerleys Park (I can never remember which one was which). They held one of the Kelloggs rounds there in 84. Cannot remember 8 start gates, there was certainly a few different layouts you could use and it may have had 2 gates. Got some pics at home

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 04:19 PM »
It was either glockenspiels Moor or Sennerleys Park (I can never remember which one was which). They held one of the Kelloggs rounds there in 84. Cannot remember 8 start gates, there was certainly a few different layouts you could use and it may have had 2 gates. Got some pics at home

I went to the Kelloggs race in 84 but just to watch. Spoke to a mate who raced he also said not 8 gate's but thought there was quite a few and he said there was straw bails all over the spot for the diffrent layouts.

Wouldn't mind seein them pic's if not to much bother, cheers.

Luke

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Some good video footage of the track found here:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=8321.0

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 04:45 PM »
I am sure in one of my old mags there's a drawing of the the Kellogs track.

Geth

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 05:03 PM »
3 start hills with 2 gates on each. 6 gates in all and six variations on one track.
Apparently the track is still there but in a rough state. Jeff Dovey reckons its still rideable (just) and is going there soon! On a MTb though.....

Here's a pic off Google Earth.....guessing at 2-3 years ago.

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 05:08 PM »
Geth, thanks very much.

So I wasn't that far away with eight.

Let us know what ya mate finds out when he has a butchers.

team_teapot

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 07:37 PM »
its ridable in the fact there is a single track here and there. all six stark pas aer there and the council plans include the reintroduction of bmx racing into the park. what will happen is anyones guess.

team_teapot

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:42 PM »
while we are on the subject. Cocksmoor track just down the road is a more ridable track and its down hill. now where are the brasso boys when it comes to restoring bmx tracks?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  8 gates one track!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx