gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 06:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Probably a very stupid question.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Probably a very stupid question.  (Read 916 times)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Probably a very stupid question.
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:25 PM »
Got myself a couple of 24" cruisers in the last few weeks. One is a DK Genral Lee and the other a 2008 Haro thing.

I got them as my missus said she fancied pedaling along the canals near us, she was talking all crazy about getting a mountain bike  :idiot2: :crazy2:

I got her the DK and she loves it, she would love it more though if the seat went up a little further.

I know nowt about new school bikes, do they make longer posts that will fit?, what size am i looking for.

Cheers

pedestrian

Re: Probably a very stupid question.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:28 PM »
what size you´re talking. length of the seat post or diameter?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:28 PM »
They'll both be BMX sized, so either 7/8" (22mm) or 1" (25.4mm).  Longer posts are out there, a couple of firms do a footlong pivotal post if you want to use a pivotal seat. If it's a conventional railed seat and you want to keep it, see if you can get a Primo Rod from a few years back.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:29 PM »
take seatpost out and it should say wat size you want

probs 25.4,,,,i got 1 off bay 400mm long for 15 squid a while ago ,,,just av a look see

pedestrian

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 11:36 PM »
You also could have a look at the MTB segment.
Most of their stuff (stems, hubs, seats, cranks... etc) you can also use at nowadys BMX´.

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 11:38 PM »
Cheers guys, I think the Haro has a post like the one Madd Dogg just posted. Think the DK has one that looks like an old school, I want to keep the seat on the DK as its got the "01" on it for the genral lee. Can you get longer posts for them?

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Should have read TwoBobs post...... could have answered my own question  :LolLolLolLol:

Cheers Rob

pedestrian

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 11:42 PM »
...actually a nowadys Newschool BMX is a MTB with a 20 or 24 inch BMX frame. At least with the Race bikes.

Just wanted to drop this.  ::)

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 11:55 PM »
 Posts are posts regardless of pivotal,regular or micro -adjust.Pull out the ones you have on them already,clean the gunk off and they`ll prob have the size stamped on them.DK & Haro have used sizes other than 22.2/25.4 so best to check first.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57 PM »
...actually a nowadys Newschool BMX is a MTB with a 20 or 24 inch BMX frame. At least with the Race bikes.

???

pedestrian

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 12:10 AM »

???
was this wrong or why do you wonder?

sry i´m a foreigner.  ;D

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 12:15 AM »
 Just wondered why you think a modern racebike is like an MTB?Carbon/alloy aside... :daumenhoch:

pedestrian

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Just wondered why you think a modern racebike is like an MTB?Carbon/alloy aside... :daumenhoch:
Well, apart from the 20/24 inch f&f, the specific rim size (+ tyres) and the handlebars, in fact it is.
All the other stuff needed for a 2012 race bike is basically MTB technology you can get in a MTB shop.

So to come back to topic, it´s probably easier to get a fitting seatpost from the MTB supply around the corner, than on egay or in a BMX shop.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Probably a very stupid question.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx