gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 08:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Primo 7005 rims, primo remix cassette, primo spokes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Primo 7005 rims, primo remix cassette, primo spokes  (Read 7464 times)

nosher70

Primo 7005 rims, primo remix cassette, primo spokes
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:38 PM »
Is this a good/bulletproof setup??

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Primo 7005 rims, primo remix cassette, primo spokes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 05:44 PM »
Yep :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

nosher70

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:56 PM »
Ye"AAaaaarGH!

I just ordered the remix.... whats the difference?

And a N4 flanged front hub not flange-LESS hub......whats the difference?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:47 PM »
You might struggle, not many Mixes left around I don't think?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Get cult hubs........same as the old primo hubs  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 07:14 PM »
I just read up on some of the issues with the remix and they seem to be bearing and wheelnut related for the most part as Primo made them both smaller to save weight. I had only heard good things about em from the locals near me  :-\.

I would't worry too much Nosher, unless you ride really hard it should be fine, on the forums, it looks like swapping the wheelnuts straight away would be a good (and cheap) idea :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

nosher70

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 07:16 PM »
Thanks Dirk

These are already bought and paid for....... being built at the mo

nosher70

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 05:10 PM »
Due to lies from Winstanleys-who went from saying everything WAS in stock except flangeless hub (I chose an alternative so the wheels could be made) they took my money then they changed their tune every few days saying no rear hub, then no rims etc etc this went on for nearly 3 weeks.....

I then cancelled the Winstanleys order, and ordered Demolition hubs in light blue, primo 7005 rims in white and white spokes from Custom Riders.

The wheels look fantastic and were built and delivered within 3 days from my phonecall.

AMAZING!!

:4_17_5:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:12 PM by nosher70 »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Sadly, a very typical approach from Winstanleys.

Out of interest, did you price the same Demolition setup from the RAD shop? Always worth the phone call.

nosher70

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 10:36 PM »
Nope, I didnt call Custom Riders to buy Demolition, it was all they had but a speedy service and a PHYSICAL stock check gave me the confidence to order from them. And I have looked on RADBMX shop at other stuff previously and thought the prices were a little out............

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 11:03 PM »
Fair comment.

Just thought I'd ask as Stodgy normally has a decent pile of hubs and rims on the shelf.

For the record, he will price match on most stuff  ;)

Custom Riders are the bollocks though. Their wheel service is very well known for being top notch.

nosher70

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 11:08 PM »
Mate im all for this community and with a little hindsight, I would probably have used Stodgys shop but I had just woken up, was more than a little angry, and CrMo was the first place I could think of. Yes, the wheels ARE amazing though (and I saved a little on the original primo setup too)

:)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 12:29 AM »
"more than a little angry"

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

I know that feeling, Winstanleys have a habit of making people feel like that.

nosher70

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Well thats to say the least lol

I had already bought and had delivered £500 worth of components from them on a separate order and the annoying thing was that they informed me was out of stock when I was speaking on the phone to them yet the story changed after they had taken the £340 from me for the wheels! not only that but the story then changed on an almost daily basis. Eventually after a long wait (3 weeks) and several emails letting me know what they were waiting for I twigged that they originally had stock of NOTHING at all......

I had ordered some pegs from them on another order as well and this was going to take 6 weeks so that was cancelled too.

The funny thing is that when I approached the other shops for wheels/pegs etc, the other shops fulfilled and delivered these orders in 2 or 3 days!

6 weeks?? wtf??

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 04:34 PM »
Completely standard behaviour from them I'm afraid.

The boss has even registered on here to try and make amends with us but unfortunately their service doesn't appear to have improved.

You can pretty much expect 50/50 results from them. Half the time perfect, half the time rubbish.

The deal in the UK with shops/suppliers is everything travels via sea freight, so if it's not on the shelf at the shop or distributor then it'll be weeks off if it's not already on the boat.

Winstanleys advertise everything, but only have a fraction of that in stock in reality. They take your order (and your money) then set about trying to honour it. Very often they'll send you something that's close to what you ordered - different colour etc if that's all they can lay their hands on. That can be frustrating.

Custom Riders have always been good, but as Mason also owns Scoop Distribution they have many lines in large stocks compared to other shops.

Stick with the true rider owned shops, you won't go too far wrong.

nosher70

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 04:55 PM »
I agree totally however it is also wrong and dishonest for these shops to behave in this manner i.e taking money first...

I work on Typhoon Logistics in Saudi Arabia and when MY customer ask for a stock check it may be the difference in grounding an aircraft or not. And a customer with an aircraft that theyve paid 125 million for that becomes grounded due to a lack of parts (when ive told the engineers we have the parts in stock) is not going to be a happy bunny, I can assure you!

I am paid for my honesty and integrity, why cant these shops do likewise?

GgGrRrrRRRRRRRRRRR
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:07 PM by nosher70 »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 05:04 PM »
Absolutely right.

Shops can do it right if they choose.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 05:31 PM »
 :'(

We will always do a deal for a RAD member and we stock every single brand available. We have more in stock than on the website, as I run out of time to update it...doh.

Ignore the website and phone me - best deals are always made on the phone...we have to play the SRP game on the website...

Rider owned, not box shifters with no idea about BMX.

Don't worry about me...I'm not offended...much...  :yahoo_silent:

:daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:36 PM by Stodgy »

nosher70

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 05:46 PM »
Hi Stodgy,

I honestly didnt mean to offend. And I didnt expect this to become a "slagging off" game regarding Winstanleys-just putting the facts down on paper.

In the future ill remember to you call first, if it wasnt for your site, I would never have rekindled my love for the sport nor met up in Blackpool last year     :)

As an "aside", is there any way you can charge my card for a site supporter tag if I call you and give my card details? my PAYPAL cannot be verified as I live overseas (and PAYPAL verifies by post or phonecall to a UK landline only) Its causing me much consternation and I wish to support this venture fully!

cheers!!

Ash

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 06:02 PM »
Nosh, he's not offended mate, don't worry.

Regarding the slagging off, we have been very civilised compared to other Winstanleys threads, believe me!

nosher70

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 06:11 PM »
Hmmm lets get this thread back on track lol

The thing that annoyed me most was that I was a returning customer and I had already spent upwards of 400 quid with them and had no problems with the previous orders........

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 06:41 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

I gave up in about 2005. Half my stuff turned up wrong, the other half didn't turn up at all.

Thankfully now we have Stodgy.

Apart from his unnatural desire to constantly touch me, he's alright.....

nosher70

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 07:10 PM »
Since getting back into the scene, I have been, erm, more than, um, "touched" by several, um, "members" of this website.............

:D

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 07:19 PM »
It's the northerners. You've gotta watch out for them    >:D

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Since getting back into the scene, I have been, erm, more than, um, "touched" by several, um, "members" of this website.............

:D

Every order comes with a free touching.

:-*

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Primo 7005 rims, primo remix cassette, primo spokes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx