gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 07:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  FINALLY......i finish this build(it's only taken nearly 2yr's)!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FINALLY......i finish this build(it's only taken nearly 2yr's)!!!  (Read 5816 times)

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
It's taken nigh on nearly 2yr's to finish this project & i have to say i'm not happy with it :(.........i had the idea after i lost out on NOS GT Pro Performer in dayglo orange that was on Ebay US bout 2 & a bit yr's ago. Sent this off to SBD who did a fantastic job on the powder :4_17_5: & have been sourcing part's for the last 18month's.
Everything is NOS apart from the pedal's/headset/DC seatpost clamp & the f/stander's which have been refurbed by me. The red Tuff 2's are a different story.........(but we wont go there >:D),  the wheels are NOS but the hub's are refurbed taken from some donor wheel's & bonded into the new ^"^

These pic's dont do the colour any justice, really need some sunshine 8), i've finally settled for the red tyres'/grip's combo as the recently acquired orange tyre's/grip's just didn't look right(these will be up for sale if anybody's interested)

Enough of me rambling on here's the pic's :daumenhoch:

This pic is with the orange tyre's/grip's combo

Now that it's finally finished i have to admit i'm not happy with this build(think it's my least favourite :'(), i think it'll get stripped over the winter & go back to the original white f/fork's. i gotta feeling the red will be more striking against the white background :)

Let me know what ya think fella's :daumenhoch:

Thank's for looking,   Buz ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
I like it, prefer the red tyres though.  Not a very 'Haro' colour but I think it looks cool.  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
That is really bold and Cool 8) 8) as McDonalds say I'm loving it :smitten: :smitten:  :4_17_5:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Read 32 times and only 2 comments  :shocked:  C'mon guys, he is looking for some confirmation that he has not wasted 2 yrs of piecing this together  :-\

I really like it actually buddy. It's different and for some reason, the Red suits the Orange (IMO) and as said already, keep the red tyres on it  :daumenhoch:

Good stuff    :4_17_5:

Now get it out riding  ;)
BANNED

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I'd be upset too if I lost out on NOS performer  and had to build a haro  ::)

Keep  the orange colour its cool, just swap the red for white or black   :4_17_5:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
Costa just beat me to it, I love the frame colour just not sure about the red with it. Black parts would look awesome, but it does look proper 80's.  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Jaypeg

Works for me mate, different colour scheme to the norm but that's why I like it... Just sit back and enjoy it, nice clean build.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:57 AM by Jaypeg »

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Sorry but i have to say it....... the orange and red clash far too much, it's smacks you in the face and is quite hard to look at. The orange is fantastic but if it was me i'd be looking to change the other parts with something less explosive.

Again...... you did ask for opinions. :'(
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

monkian

Bags of freestyle flavour IMO 8)
Difficult to get those colours to work but I think you've nailed it :daumenhoch:

deeman

Costa just beat me to it, I love the frame colour just not sure about the red with it. Black parts would look awesome, but it does look proper 80's.  :daumenhoch:

x2,not sure about the red either!!looks better with orange parts i reckon!quality build though,nice parts-I also have a pair of raw Haro bars ready for powder if you are interested lmk :daumenhoch:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
i think it looks ok. the trouble with doing a custom colour you are never sure how it will turn out. so it is always a gamble.  i do agree that maybe it would look better in another colour. but it does look reasonably good how it is.  i like the red  bits they look great. and also the frame colour looks great too. but not so good together. i would decide what frame colour the red bits would match and buy another to fit them too.  and then also decide what goes well with the orange and buy bits to suit the orange frame.   :daumenhoch:

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
I like it with the Red Tyres I think it's good to be different and my my opinion it's a job well done :daumenhoch:

bmx xxx

well you dont need lights on this mother if you are riding at night  :2funny:
i like it with the red tyres,
job well done  :daumenhoch:
gary

chubby

nice to see something bit different to the norm,colours just take a bit of getting used to its cool mate. :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
i like it, looks really 80s :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
just hurt my eyes :LolLolLolLol: :4_17_5:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
I have to agree with Andy's straight forward but diplomatic reply  :angel:  :daumenhoch:

Great dedication to executing a near full NOS build   :4_17_5:

The frame is an awesome custom choice ,, but the full bike colour combo  is marmitey  :)

Do you like it ?

That's what matters  :)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:23 PM by Hunterdubber »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
I quite like it when something smacks you in the face :bondage:

good job  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
The wheels and tyres look pink from here

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
I like it,and think it looks better with the orange tyres and grips :daumenhoch:

nosher70

Re: FINALLY......i finish this build(it's only taken nearly 2yr's)!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 05:38 PM »
Erm, all white components including spoked wheels.............

For flatland.........

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Love the orange.  Just don't think red really goes too well.  As said before, white or black would work :)
Neil

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 12:44 PM »
 :daumenhoch: Top build fella  ;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 03:35 PM »
Colour is something to get used to but I quite like it  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Like it. Id go with white tuffs and black tyres to subdue it a bit. Maybe also a power disc instead of spider but that's just my personal taste. love the frame.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  FINALLY......i finish this build(it's only taken nearly 2yr's)!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx