gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 10:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  removing primer from bars (now sorted Ta....)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: removing primer from bars (now sorted Ta....)  (Read 812 times)

chubby

removing primer from bars (now sorted Ta....)
« on: May 06, 2012, 08:25 PM »
hiya all ... having trouble removing primer from my ez 2s white paint came off a treat with stripper primer proving lot harder....don't want to damage chrome underneath !! any ideas ??
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:10 PM by chubby »

Deano

Re: removing primer from bars
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:24 PM »
If they were white from the start they wont be chrome underneeth, only the center of the bars will be chrome.

Have you tried panel wipes? My mate takes paint off panels with them. Dunno just a thought

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:29 PM »
thinner, stripper or carb cleaner!

chubby

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 09:47 PM »
If they were white from the start they wont be chrome underneeth, only the center of the bars will be chrome.

Have you tried panel wipes? My mate takes paint off panels with them. Dunno just a thought
hi deano they were chrome as the bits of primer that have come off show lovely minty chrome underneath that's why im reluctant to scratch it ...tried thinners/panel wipe too ....think I'll give stripper another go  ???

chubby

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 12:08 PM »

hi deano they were chrome as the bits of primer that have come off show lovely minty chrome underneath that's why im reluctant to scratch it ...tried thinners/panel wipe too ....think I'll give stripper another go  ???
thanks for advice all ......sorted now used stripper n one of them curly metal scouring pad things you use for washing the pots....come up a treat with no scratches  :daumenhoch:

deeman

Re: removing primer from bars (now sorted Ta....)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 06:42 PM »
what you building now Richard??'mrs won't be happy!! :2gunsfiring_v1: :daumenhoch:

chubby

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 07:07 PM »
what you building now Richard??'mrs won't be happy!! :2gunsfiring_v1: :daumenhoch:
Wotcha daimo it's all Mrs idea !!!!!said the Vincents too nice to ride.....another drunk ebay purchase of some sort of f+f are becoming a rider.....did pm you about it when you we're dissin my beautiful seat tother night :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

chubby

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Wotcha daimo it's all Mrs idea !!!!!said the Vincents too nice to ride.....another drunk ebay purchase of some sort of f+f are becoming a rider.....did pm you about it when you we're dissin my beautiful seat tother night :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
didn't pm ya i emailed ......doh !!!

deeman

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Good work!top missus!i could do with a rider myself!got the urge to start another! :daumenhoch:

chubby

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 07:56 PM »
Good work!top missus!i could do with a rider myself!got the urge to start another! :daumenhoch:
also need to pick your brains ......I'll pm ya...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  removing primer from bars (now sorted Ta....)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx