gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  I need Freestyle Vids please. Will pay for them
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I need Freestyle Vids please. Will pay for them  (Read 5285 times)

YGT

Re: I need Freestyle Vids please. Will pay for them
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 07:53 AM »
I actually grew up in canterbury during the years 1988 - 1994 and remember that bus depot real good.
Saying that I am not sure of the time frame that you are refering to the 2 guys as I dont think either were from canterbury (I dont remember those bikes)

The biggest name I know of that came out of canterbury was "Fids - aka mark finlay" as he lived there for a while with a guy called "Jez"
close by (town = selling) in the eary 90's lived a guy called "Charles Kensit" who was mosstly a flatland rider who did the southbank quite alot and was fairly ok at street too .... he used to ride a dyno or a prolite craig cambell frame.

Close by in Ashord during 1992 onwards we saw riders like "Dean Hearne" who is nowadays sponsored by federal/united.
During the late 80's early 90's there was "James Mulby" from Kearsney near dover who rode flat and street.

He had a freind from folkestone called "Mark Guy" who also rode flat.
And there was some other mostly flat rider from Margate? who was real short and rode a master (i think his name was pete )

I met a vert rider (mike?) arround 1990 who came to canterbury from tunbridge i think or somewhere between canterbury and london on the train line.

I cant remeber any good vert riders that rode trickstars or masters from arround that time though from canterbury.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 02:03 PM »
may be they weren`t from canterbury but did ride the bus depot around early 90`s and before that i used to see them at meanwhile back in 88 89 poss .i only rode the depot as one of my ex`s was at the college there that how i found it as she told me   i got some pics somewhere of the bus depot and a few from the jam at chingford . when i get my scanner working again i post them up .
no1stuntmaster on instagram

YGT

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 03:20 PM »
bump - this sounds like a good project

Colin

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 07:14 PM »
I think David Frame might be a good contact for vids is  anyone in touch with him.

greentoad

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 08:39 PM »
Hi all

I don't know if anybody has links with Either Effram Catlow Or Mason Smith but I have a feeling they may have some connection to people with videotape bits, if anyone on the site knows them personally could you please give them a shout to get in touch with Angry on this.

I saw Mason on Friday and we had a good chat (still haven't written anything up yet sorry  :-[ ), he has around 20 old videos of Knebworth, ROM, Kellogs, Bob and his comps etc etc. I was going to talk to him more about it and also hope to see his private collection of stuff too. Does any of this sound of use?

J.

Colin

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Hi Greentoad This sounds very good and if possible could you have a word with Mason on this for me. If he is interested in helping out I will contact him.

union

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 06:22 PM »
i think the 2 guys from canterbury someone was asking about,could have been john tugwell and jason dacum from dover they rode chingford a fair bit and menwhile too,they were old gillingham  locals.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 06:39 PM »
union cheers for that , both good rider`s and yes they did ride meanwhile a bit .
no1stuntmaster on instagram

team_teapot

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Colin

I have a copy of everything you ever lent me. therefore if you have lost any thing that you need again then let me know.

that includes the car crash stuff and other bits and bobs. its all safe in a draw at my mothers house.

mind you the quality of all that old stuff was poor at the best of times so it would be interesting to see what can be done with it.

Colin

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2006, 07:53 PM »
I could do with a copy of everything especially Car Crash all the stuff I had was destroyed a while back I hope we can sort something out please get in touch.

Colin

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Thanks for getting in touch Rich give me a shout when you are about and I will pick up the discs off ya

blindingsun

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2006, 11:13 PM »
i can get some new phil dolan footage..
colin smith has lots of old flatland footage from the 90's ...i could see if he has anything he might sell.. he did a retrospect flatland dvd called Some Old Bullshit, which was 80s/90s flatland from the uk... free over the internet..i could get hold of it but dont think it would be any use.... being that its been used...

trill

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2006, 03:54 PM »
or the guys at meawhile could have been mike watts who rode after skating & andy both from rainhan nr gillingham. has anyone seen or heard  from them or john tugwell?

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Angry

How's it all going?

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2006, 10:37 AM »
i can get some new phil dolan footage..
colin smith has lots of old flatland footage from the 90's ...i could see if he has anything he might sell.. he did a retrospect flatland dvd called Some Old Bullshit, which was 80s/90s flatland from the uk... free over the internet..i could get hold of it but dont think it would be any use.... being that its been used...

You mean Phil's still riding, just not competing?

blindingsun

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2006, 07:09 PM »
yes,,, phil is still riding.. jay forde showed me very recent footage of phil when i was at his flat...still lookin good

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  I need Freestyle Vids please. Will pay for them

gfxgfx
gfx gfx