gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 08:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rear skyway axle problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rear skyway axle problem  (Read 946 times)

Webby20001

Rear skyway axle problem
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:48 PM »
OK, I'm at a loss, I now know i should have taken a picture when I was taking it apart.
Stripped the axle out as i got the hub pulled out again, now I'm trying to put it back together but can't remember what goes where. I did think i would be able to look at my other set but the axle seems to be different?? All the bearings are loose on this set and not the others.
Any ideas?

last pic is axle from my other rear alloy tuff.

Any help would be good  :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Rear skyway axle problem
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Right put a dob of grease inside around the cup - this is so the loose bearings have some thing to stick to - you need to count how many (can't remember how many off hand ) for each side

the with the axle - put one cone nut on it (the big nut with curved front) the shields  go over the cone nut (i see you have one on already) - there seems to be the original cover missing

this will lock the bearing down

grease up the other side and bearing in - the cone nut down the axle up to the bearings

then it's a small hex nut up to each cone nut - these now need to be dial in - tighten one side up to each other - then the other cone nut goes up to the bearings and other nut up to the cone nut - you need to have a play on how tight it is and needs to spin - then it's on the forks and washer and nut to tighten

and now for the pic's - hope this helps - cheers B  ;)

The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Webby20001

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 11:16 PM »
Cheers Bendy. I thought they were missing the covers as well, I've got another set which have the covers on.  I've managed to get it back together which the bits I've got, have a feeling the axle is from a different wheel though.
Got this off someone on RB.com

[/quote]

I don't suppose I can get the caps from anywhere can I?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:23 PM by Webby72 »

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:21 AM »
put a shout in the wanted section  ;)

see what it looks like the covers you have ?
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

waza007

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 01:00 PM »
that axle looks bent

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rear skyway axle problem

gfxgfx
gfx gfx