gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 10:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Motomag wheels on eBay.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Motomag wheels on eBay.  (Read 423 times)

dp and Chopper Dude

Motomag wheels on eBay.
« on: May 04, 2012, 06:23 PM »
These might not be everyone's cup of tea due to how shiney they are!
Item number 280875210196 ( waste of time doing a link, I'm on my phone )
They are £250 for Motomag II's but I'd like some if I could afford it.

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Motomag wheels on eBay.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 06:39 PM »
shiny shiny shiny  8)  8) , look nice i'm sure they are a rad members ,i'm sure i;ve seen these on a thread, look  nice

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:11 PM »
If they were in the original condition I would pay £250 for them, polished up like that I wouldn't spend a ton on them.

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 07:47 PM »
If they were in the original condition I would pay £250 for them, polished up like that I wouldn't spend a ton on them.

likewise, shame they are powdered.... but I'm sure they'll be someones cup of tea

h2ggv

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 07:50 PM »
these are mine i got 2 sets of these done just shifting some parts on as to many bikes and parts and new builds coming up.

you could dip these and take it off tho i like the nice shine :)

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:30 PM »
did you have the bearing cups and the rear coaster brake internal area powdered, as the pics make it look like that

baldbmxer

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 10:44 PM »
Replacement axles are a nigh on impossible to source.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 12:18 AM »
do look nice polished - but do loose a certain some thing ? the lettering looks over polish by machine and not by hand

sorry just been back and read it's powder coat chrome - so no wonder they look like that

good to see what a polished set could look like - mine will stay as they are, just clean them better and fix the webbing  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 12:19 AM »
oh yer ! forgot to ask : why do you say the axles are hard to source  ???
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 12:32 AM »
do look nice polished - but do loose a certain some thing ? the lettering looks over polish by machine and not by hand

sorry just been back and read it's powder coat chrome - so no wonder they look like that

good to see what a polished set could look like - mine will stay as they are, just clean them better and fix the webbing  ;)

How are you getting on with your mags Bendy?  Any ideas on how to fix the webbing yet?

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 01:23 AM »
not touched them yet - got to cut a peice to the right size and then use that stuff - but it got to be neat and the new webbing to match up with what it already looks like !

question is do i cut the webbing straight with a flat surface or rough it up so it sticks better ? not going to be easy - making it look like a hair line is what i'm after but  ???

will do a thread with pic's when i do - so you can see it done and what doesn't work  ;D

wouldn't matter so much if they were being painted (candy red  :smitten:) but i want them to look original  ;)

Offline stevochb

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 03:11 AM »
Quote from: BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN link=topic=144575.msg1414359#msgo1414359 date=1336177433
not touched them yet - got to cut a peice to the right size and then use that stuff - but it got to be neat and the new webbing to match up with what it already looks like !

question is do i cut the webbing straight with a flat surface or rough it up so it sticks better ? not going to be easy - making it look like a hair line is what i'm after but  ???

will do a thread with pic's when i do - so you can see it done and what doesn't worinterested in seeing how this works pickups be cool
D

wouldn't matter so much if they were being painted (candy red  :smitten:) but i want them to look original  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Motomag wheels on eBay.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx