gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Try to learn tricks in both directions or just one?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Try to learn tricks in both directions or just one?  (Read 1068 times)

Hellcat

Try to learn tricks in both directions or just one?
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:02 PM »
Try to learn tricks in both directions or just one?

That's it really, should I try stuff in both directions or just stick to natural for the time being? I was at Victoria Park t'other morning and even riding round the bowls the other way felt weird cos I'm so used to spinning to my left. :(

I'm about 5 weeks back in after 20+ years off. Now riding local parks 2hrs+ everyday the weather allows.

I saw a 180-Indian fly out on a vid & want to be able to do that eventually :D...

& lots of other stuff obviously.

:)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Try to learn tricks in both directions or just one?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 08:55 PM »
There's a few riders about who learn miniramp tricks the wrong way first, thus making it a piece of piss to so them the right way.

If I were you though, I'd learn to blast around in comfort both ways as it'll help you forever more, but when it comes down to learning a specific trick the chances are there aren't enough hours in the day at our ripe old age to learn everything both ways.

Hellcat

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:10 PM »
There's a few riders about who learn miniramp tricks the wrong way first, thus making it a piece of piss to so them the right way.

If I were you though, I'd learn to blast around in comfort both ways as it'll help you forever more, but when it comes down to learning a specific trick the chances are there aren't enough hours in the day at our ripe old age to learn everything both ways.

Cheers. That's what I was thinking, I don't want to learn everything, (anything would be a good start ;) ).

As a kid I could 180 hop & kickturn both ways. That was my limit. When I was in a concrete bowl for the first time the other day I realised everything I can do / attempt now is turning the same way...

Next on my list is dropping-in in the other direction. ;)

I remember as a kid watching Kellogs on TV and the commentator made a fuss about someone airing cleanly in both directions. :laugh:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 10:56 PM »
Well, learning to roll in oppo is a must. It'll be a godsend at any park you visit.

Also, a 180 hop is only a ramp away from a disaster, so learn them and you've got 2 for 1 right there. Disasters are a good bread and butter miniramp trick. Same goes for kickturns really, if you can kickturn and backhop you're well on your way to a tyretap and that's a nice wee nugget to have both ways if possible.

Hellcat

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Well, learning to roll in oppo is a must. It'll be a godsend at any park you visit.

Also, a 180 hop is only a ramp away from a disaster, so learn them and you've got 2 for 1 right there. Disasters are a good bread and butter miniramp trick. Same goes for kickturns really, if you can kickturn and backhop you're well on your way to a tyretap and that's a nice wee nugget to have both ways if possible.

Thanks, nearly got right way diasters down on minis. Gonna be out tomo morning & trying stuff both ways. ;)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 11:57 PM »
Sweet  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Try to learn tricks in both directions or just one?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx