gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 06:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Need some pointer's on painting tip's for lettering on DC Nippon's please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Need some pointer's on painting tip's for lettering on DC Nippon's please  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Bought these off Ebay US like this

After some brushing with the Nitromors i sent them to the local paint shop for a blow over in black

I'm going to paint the lettering in yellow, to match my colour scheme on me summer/pub rider :smitten:
Now i'm not sure we'ther i read a thread on Rad about somebody doing this already :-\, do any of you chap's have any painting tip's for me please?

Cheer's fella's :daumenhoch:

Buz ;)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
I'm sure someone used a sharpe pen ?
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
I think Costa/GTnumber1 did dia compe brake white lettering before  ::)

can't remeber what paint he used ,, just painted it and wiped it off where it went out of the letter indentations

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
I used a clean nail and dipped it in paint and ran it along the lettering, it worked a treat and wiped off any excess to give a clean finish.  :daumenhoch:

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Alan tfi_friday did a similar thread on this a while back, his turned out good.

Found it:
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=130754.msg1257707#msg1257707

Brian  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
A sharpie paint pen for me :daumenhoch:

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Alan tfi_friday did a similar thread on this a while back, his turned out good.

Found it:
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=130754.msg1257707#msg1257707

Brian  :daumenhoch:

Cheer's Brian, that was the thread i remember reading last year.............much appreciated :daumenhoch:

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Cheer's guy's,

A Sharpie paint pen it is then, i'll post pic's up when they're done to show the results :daumenhoch:

Buz ;)

ozone

I'd advise testing an unseen section of the paint beforehand to see how it's going to turn out.  They look fine as they are IMO.  Either that or deploy the bandsaw.   :LolLolLolLol: :-*

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
They look the bee's knee's mate :coolsmiley:, where did you get the dia compe adjusters from chap?
Did they come with the calipers or are they re-issue? As i could do with some new one's for mine ;)

Cheer's,  Buz :daumenhoch:

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I'd advise testing an unseen section of the paint beforehand to see how it's going to turn out.  They look fine as they are IMO.  Either that or deploy the bandsaw.   :LolLolLolLol: :-*

You just wouldn't let it lie would ya!! :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :angel: :yahoo_silent: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Need some pointer's on painting tip's for lettering on DC Nippon's please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx