gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 08:05 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  skyway hotseat
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: skyway hotseat  (Read 2222 times)

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
skyway hotseat
« on: May 02, 2012, 12:54 AM »
these seats look the exact same as hotseats if anyone's interested, i,ve contacted the seller and he has them in red or blue. not bad for about £19 shipped. couple of skyway decals and you would never know the difference.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120903712855'ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: skyway hotseat
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:18 PM »
You mean like these.....?  ;)

deeman

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:09 PM »
thats not bad value imo,not a bad copy either! :daumenhoch:

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 07:52 PM »
They're not copies.......

They are in-fact made by Velo, which made the Hot Seat for Skyway BITD. Thy are the exact same model as the Hot Seat with the same model number (VL-109) imprinted
underneath. There are no differences, they are not copies, just one had 'Skyway' and 'Hot Seat' embossed on them, these ones don't. I had the Skyway decals
made up and applied them...... Hey presto, a Skyway Hot Seat.

I have a genuine Hotseat (the white one) and there is no difference at all between the two.  :daumenhoch:
Bit like the Skyway Dominators have 'Skyway' embossed, whereas the others have 'Dominator'.

Hope this helps.....now go and grab your Hot Seats for a fiver!!

Steve

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Some comparison pics.....

;)

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 08:14 PM »
text was only gold on the white the rest of the colours had white text
or at least the genuine ones i have had over the years

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Thats spot on Brummie.......I just liked the gold lettering. I had some white ones done also but preffered the gold.

deeman

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 09:21 PM »
Bloomin 'ell,Sorry Steve only just realised the craic here!!Flippin brilliant work! :daumenhoch:

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Thats spot on Brummie.......I just liked the gold lettering. I had some white ones done also but preffered the gold.
did you get your one's from the seller in australia? or somewhere closer to home.

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Yep, the one from Oz. Spotted them a couple of months ago and noticed how similiar they looked to the Hotseat.
Thought it was worth a punt and it paid off.
Was going to buy the lot off him but I never got back to him. Nice guy too.

Had the decals made.......got 40 decals for £15 off a local signmaker.

I think they look ok.....I paid £60 for my used white one, I paid £5 each for a NOS one. Granted they were not Skyway badged but I'm not too bothered.
Bargain!!.

:)

deeman

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 10:03 PM »
They look the nuts Steve,had me fooled and I've got an original! :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 07:42 AM »
cool job there, i just never liked the look of them on a bike........thought they always look a bit silly as they're so small.   :-\

NathanRelton

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 07:06 PM »
I have a white original I may sell. It's a bit scuffed at the back and the decals have rubbed off. It came on a kz1 I bought recently. Today I bought a white TA which will be sent off to Superbike dan for a paint job. My quandary is whether to sell the original which is scuffed and get a copy white hot seat which will look perfect like the frame. I used to be indecisive.........

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Hi pal, you'll be lucky to get a white copy hotseat. The only ones I've found are blue or red. I asked the seller if he had any other colours but he doesn't.

Steve

ozone

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 09:58 PM »
I have a white original I may sell. It's a bit scuffed at the back and the decals have rubbed off. It came on a kz1 I bought recently. Today I bought a white TA which will be sent off to Superbike dan for a paint job. My quandary is whether to sell the original which is scuffed and get a copy white hot seat which will look perfect like the frame. I used to be indecisive.........

How bad are the scuffs?  I've some cracking seat restorations on this very site.   :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Damn you all!!! got me thinking about a hot seat again for my build, went looking and this was the best i could find  :-[

Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

NathanRelton

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Wicked. I think dave at rad has black one of those. I have a white one but it's well used, scuffed and discoloured.  Will add some pics in a bit

NathanRelton

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 11:15 PM »
What do you think?

Worth restoring?

Could i get a d1ldo attachment?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  skyway hotseat

gfxgfx
gfx gfx