gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just seen these in a local bike shop. POS or not??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just seen these in a local bike shop. POS or not??  (Read 542 times)

dp and Chopper Dude

Just seen these in a local bike shop. POS or not??
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Now then before I start I'd just like to say that I've been out of touch with all things BMX from about 1990 until about 3 months ago so this lot could either be shite or gold dust. I dunno but i thought I'd share my finds. I went into a local bike shop to look for a tyre. It looks to have been there since year dot. The bloke that owns it is ace & he knows it stuff (from what I know)
He had this lot just knocking about...

Any good to anyone?

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Just seen these in a local bike shop. POS or not??
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:12 PM »
I really like the look of the Planet X frame, I think they were also marketed as On-One Runt.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:19 PM by Stidds »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 07:19 PM »
That planet x frame is in top nick but they are awful bikes! They are the roadie sister to on-one and this was an attempt to dip their toe into BMX. It failed miserably but does look kinda cool  :daumenhoch:

Wouldn't pay much more than £30 for it

ThisBitterPill

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:21 AM »
Planet X were originally MTB manufacturers, predominantly Dirt, Jump and Trials.....I have a 1990s Jack Flash and it's a beast!

It's only more recently that they have gone over to Road, Time Trial and Triathlon....In fact, their website makes no mention of their MTB roots which is a shame...

hooga1975

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48 AM »
Planet X were originally MTB manufacturers, predominantly Dirt, Jump and Trials.....I have a 1990s Jack Flash and it's a beast!

It's only more recently that they have gone over to Road, Time Trial and Triathlon....In fact, their website makes no mention of their MTB roots which is a shame...

Planet X make awesome bikes

I have also got a 1990's Jack Flash.  It was one of the first hardcore dirt jump bikes and even now still looks bang up to date.  It is a great bike to ride round my local trails.  When I bought it one of the things that attracted me to the frame was the old school bmx style front gusset. 

hooga1975

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 09:06 AM »
Here is a pic of my Planet X Jack Flash I took a couple of months ago on a ride before I broke my arm

ThisBitterPill

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Nice!....Mine's an Orange one....I know what you mean about the BMX style front gusset....

I'll try and take a pic later if I remember!  :daumenhoch:

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 11:03 AM »
The white frame looks like a 90's Haro Group 1

dp and Chopper Dude

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 12:34 PM »
The white frame looks like a 90's Haro Group 1

You get the prize! The bloke in the shop said it was a Haro Group 1 but I was going to keep quiet inase he was having me on. I've not been able to find any pictures of one like that though.

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just seen these in a local bike shop. POS or not??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx