gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  what is bent
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what is bent  (Read 1105 times)

selfpreservation

what is bent
« on: June 22, 2006, 07:19 PM »
what is most likely to bend my alloy cranks aor the spindle they are on? , they are takagi tourney at first i thought it was the arms but now i reckon its the spindle

duncan

Re: what is bent
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Might be a silly question but are you sure the arms are seated on the spindle correctly, I mean tightened up straight? If not, it can feel like something's bent.
I'm guessing these cranks sit on a square tapered spindle.
Turn the bike over and you might be able to tell if it's a bent spindle when you rotate the cranks.

Might even be a bent pedal axle, if you think something feels wrong when you're riding. You could try another set if you have any spare.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:56 PM by duncan »

selfpreservation

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 10:08 PM »
i reckon there bent theyre tight as fook and seem bent in all planes ie theyre not at 180 deg to each other nor do the pedals sit on a true horizontal plane the problem appeared when i jumped a set of steps only about 4 foot or so , didnt even land hard , im about 13 stone and a bit though do you think thats extreme abuse ? thought theyed take a bit more punishment than that myself it was my first time riding on them , at first i thought it was the arms that were twisted but now it seems like the spndle havent thaken them off yet but ordered a new spindle to give  that a go

Bren Gunn

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 10:22 PM »
13st will kill them, they are/were for kids...  fling them and get a one piece.

Bren

selfpreservation

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:30 PM »
was gonna get a set of dual pinch flights , there for a rider will these be strong enough? or do ya reckon  just get 1 piece and change everytime the get twanged

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 10:31 PM »
the proline flights are pretty strong as i used my single pinch ones for a month at rom and they seem ok still

selfpreservation

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 10:34 PM »
so do you reckon the prolines are better than the flights they look beefier more like the original flights someone else was recommending them on here as well , is there anyone in uk selling them or better go usa

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 10:37 PM »
i got mine from the states redline flights by proline for £54 posted
single pinch and yeah seem real good

theRuler

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 11:42 PM »
was gonna get a set of dual pinch flights , there for a rider will these be strong enough? or do ya reckon  just get 1 piece and change everytime the get twanged

one piece cranks dont bend easy

they will bend, just not easily.

people dont tend to like them because they dont look good

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 07:41 AM »
so do you reckon the prolines are better than the flights they look beefier more like the original flights someone else was recommending them on here as well , is there anyone in uk selling them or better go usa

I have had both Flight II's & Prolines. Despite what people suggest here, the Flight's are more like the originals with the exception of the double pinch bolts. The Prolines are heavier and more burly than the Flights. Both look good, but the benefit of the Flights over the Prolines is the size of the recess where the sticker fits on the arms. It is much bigger on the Prolines and repro-retro stickers do not sit well in them. If you are on a budget the Prolines are great, but if you want something to look proper old school, I personally recommend the Flights.

selfpreservation

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 08:52 AM »
i only ever had i pc bitd and the cromo ones were fine but thought flights would be stronger and flex less

theRuler

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 09:07 AM »
the prolines, in my opinion are better cranks than the new flites

the pinch bolt (albeit 1 instead of the 2 the flites have) is THICKER and you can get it tighter

and with the prolines being only about 65 quid SHIPPED from the states, they are worth every penny.
if you want to spend flite crank money, buy some primo powerbites.

if you want to "look old school" then the prolines will do. to most they will be just "wow redline cranks". its only the keen eye that sees them as new school.  (the same keen eye would spot new school flites too)

buy prolines or powerbites. the stickers will wear away if you ride on them anyway

selfpreservation

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 06:29 PM »
still cant decide seems the camp is divided on this one im not worried what they look like really but would like" PROFILES"  or redlines and i can get a set  of dual pinch  for £82 posted so not much price difference between prolines
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:32 PM by selfpreservation »

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 08:11 PM »
i have had 3 sets of profiles, and have not been happy with them.

the diff between the redline flights, and the prolines is purely cosmetic.

choose which you like the look of.
I want to touch ORB

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  what is bent

gfxgfx
gfx gfx