gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Odi longnecks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Odi longnecks  (Read 810 times)

Sink

Odi longnecks
« on: April 12, 2012, 02:08 PM »
I'm looking to buy a pair of these, but seems they are for scooters? are these the same size for BMX? Some places say scooters, others say bmx, are they in fact the same??

What are the other grips of choice for new school??

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Odi longnecks
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Don't worry mate, they're all the same. a Longneck is a Longneck.

Stodgy has them in stock as we speak  :)

They are my grip of choice and have been for many, many years.

Sink

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Thanks mate, is Stodgy from RADBMX shop? I may just shoot over there and take a look :daumenhoch:
I planned on a visit to high wycombe this weekend to see the father in law, it's his birthday, he lives just down the hill from the shop, but alas some punk has booked in for a tattoo this saturday so don't look like I'll make it  :tickedoff:
Mind you I could always put him off till next week  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Yep, that's him.

It's a cool little shop, well worth a visit. He must have 100+ pairs of grips for you to try out too  :daumenhoch:

Sink

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 02:53 PM »
ummm well i might just take a couple days off from my shop and make the visit, seeing as i got £few in my sky rocket from recent e-bay sales, might just get myself a little something :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:22 PM by Sink »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Do it mate.  If you've got a couple of quid to spend, drop my name and he'll do you a little deal.

Maybe......  >:D

Sink

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 04:31 PM »
Booking's been moved to next week, so i'm a coming  :LolLolLolLol: :4_17_5:

griff

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 04:42 PM »
I got some odyssey team grips - the pattern reminds me of my old school favourites, the sharp 1:11s

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 04:47 PM »
All the Oddy grips are nice as it happens. Aaron Ross are very popular, super comfortable.

Also, they all come with Par Ends as standard and they're amongst the best plastic bar ends you can buy. Bargain.

However, Longnecks come with a free keyring and S&M grips come with a free stencil so you can tag your own little S&M shields everywhere  :)

Sink

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 04:51 PM »
I will be like a kid in a sweet shop come saturday, lots of goodies to tempt me :4_17_5:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 04:53 PM »
He's got a bunch of new shoes too - Etnies & Nike  :)

Max Out!

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 05:36 PM »
These are the best selling grip in my shop, used by Scoot boys and BMXer's alike..  The ODI Stay Strongs are increasing in popularity though, as they are a much softer compound and the additional £1 goes to Stephen Murray's charity..   :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:03 PM by Max Out! »

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 05:54 PM »
I've got a set of the ODI Stay strong grips, I bought them to support the charity and they are lovely soft grips that came with loads of stickers and I like stickers
I've also got a set of Aaron Ross keyboard grips, these are uber cool and go down well with the cool kids, but didnt come with any free goodies :(

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 06:02 PM »
I've just swapped to ODI Cufflink grips, Seem a bit softer than longnecks with same pattern.
http://www.odysseybmx.com/catalog/grips/cufflink/

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 06:04 PM »
But no flange.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 06:06 PM »
But no flange.
Oh gotta have a flange, I love a bit of flange

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 06:24 PM »
But no flange.
Flange gets in the way when I do my Ryan Nyquist impressions and start throwing the bars :LolLolLolLol:
I prefer the look of flangeless grips, Got used to them after having lock-ons on my race bikes

Clean

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 06:27 PM »
Oh gotta have a flange, I love a bit of flange

What Jay said, and ditto the comments on Oddy Aaron Ross Spacebars; lovely grips and great value for money.  :daumenhoch:

Sink

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 07:56 PM »
These are the best selling grip in my shop, used by Scoot boys and BMXer's alike..  The ODI Stay Stongs are increasing in popularity though, as they are a much softer compound and the additional £1 goes to Stephen Murray's charity..   :daumenhoch:

Now i'm liking the sound of that, always up for a bit o charity, used to do a lot of work for charity mate , but don't like to talk about it :LolLolLolLol:

I've got a set of the ODI Stay strong grips, I bought them to support the charity and they are lovely soft grips that came with loads of stickers and I like stickers
I've also got a set of Aaron Ross keyboard grips, these are uber cool and go down well with the cool kids, but didnt come with any free goodies :(

And stickers yea boi, slowly collecting stickers I got some Gusset stickers with me pedals. going to sticker bomb my forks, cos the previous owner 1/2 primed them, before sending the bike  :tickedoff:

Max Out!

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06 PM »
Hey Sink!

Well, if you want a set of Stay Strong ODI's just let me know (come in red, black, purple, white).  If you PP me the cost of them, I will send you a bunch of free stickies too....   :daumenhoch:  If you want to go ahead, just drop me a PM...

Cheers

Max

Sink

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57 PM »
You got PM :smitten:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 06:09 PM »
Hey Sink!

Well, if you want a set of Stay Strong ODI's just let me know (come in red, black, purple, white).  If you PP me the cost of them, I will send you a bunch of free stickies too....   :daumenhoch:  If you want to go ahead, just drop me a PM...

Cheers

Max

Cheeky.

Sink

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 12:41 PM »
Popped in for a visit to RAD yesterday, well worth the 3Hr drive, got a lid and 1/2 link chain for myself. pedals for my boy and a few stickers. Big thanks to stodgy for giving my lad a pair of his daughters old gloves, as none in stock were small enough for him. Top bloke. I will be back again for sure ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Odi longnecks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx