gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Zippo F&F off ebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Zippo F&F off ebay  (Read 1818 times)

dp and Chopper Dude

Haro Zippo F&F off ebay
« on: April 09, 2012, 10:02 AM »
I bought this the other day:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220991536597'ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'm starting to wish I hadn't  :-\ I did'nt know what it was so I took a gamble. I've not heard good things about them since I won it.
Aaah well it'll keep me out of mischief. I'm going to keep the build to mainly Haro parts but I'm not going overboard.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Zippo F&F off ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 10:04 AM »
That could look nice, stick with it.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 10:14 AM »
I had this in my watch list, but thought the start price was a little high tbh. I've seen one powdered white with FST decals on that I liked, belongs to Simon on here

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 10:30 AM »
As said, stick with it dude. Don't go overboard with the parts but it will make a nice rider.

I have a few haro bits for sale if you need anything, pm me  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

dp and Chopper Dude

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48 AM »
Thanks fellers. I might see if my Daughter wants it building up to her spec. Well she can pick the colour or the seat, tyres and. Brake cables  ;)
Thanks for the offer of the parts. I'll pm you later on. I'll have to wait until next pay day before I start spending.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:38 AM »
Could have been worse! I hate that feeling when you think you have spent over the odds... which you probably did a bit but as I say... could have been much worse!

I brought a complete Zippo for £36 not long back but it was not great condition - your chrome one is nice  :daumenhoch:

Do it up as a 91 Master - Del has the decals - and flog it again for twice as much if you want to move one  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 12:00 PM »
£50 odd quid don't seem to high? Forks look a little bent though......maybe the picture?

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 12:48 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

like they said ...stick with it , i've had one for years ,  they are a bit porky but ride pretty nice and you can always "old school " it with some Master decals , cause you got the f&f cheaply , stick to a reasonably low budget and get it ridden. Mine has been a master rep, its now my  daily rider , many times i've thought of getting rid , but i haven't been able to part with it, twin top tubes always tick my boxes  :smitten:

good luck with the build !!!

Dave
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 07:21 PM »
'ello Brother

Don't be too hard on yourself

Haro Zippo's are great for 2 reasons:

They have good rideable geometry with A-head headset and they look fckn good with old-school Haro Decals.

It is an adult frameset so I would build it for yourself though.

Keep the faith Brother. L

stillriding

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 09:11 PM »
I was the under bidder on this but I've already got one I'm doing as a master repo nice and cheap and looks great with new decals I'll post some pics soon , keep with it and you'll have a good looking rider  :4_17_5:

dp and Chopper Dude

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 11:38 PM »
Thanks for all the positive feed back everyone.
I was considering going down the old school decals route. Is there anywhere that has a gallery of available decals?
Once I've chosen the decals I can work out a colour scheme and keep an eye out for parts.

I've not been on Rad long but I'm loving it. Much to the annoyance of the wife! ;D

Cheers
Paul.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00 AM »
Paul, as others have said these are a great bike just a bit chubby in the weight dept like all midschool stuff. The bike Jaymz is on about is my brother's which I gave him as a birthday present about 8 years ago when we first got back into riding BMX and only had two bikes each..... Anyway, he has a garage full of bikes (literally) and this is the bike he chooses to ride at any ramp night we go to still, so they must be better than you think

I also bought a chrome one at MK a few years ago and grabbed a set of Master decals off Del for it and built it up and gave it to my mate's son to crash about on, so it's a future classic for sure!

Spen
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:42 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

Hootski70

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 11:03 PM »
Now then , i've got three of these and as my bruv says above they are understated and i ride mine off and on everything . My recomendation would be to try and pick up a complete bike from your local tip or off evil bay for less than scrap value ( i give £5 for complete ) sling all the bits on it and ride it like you stole it . If you get on with it then go down the road of personalizing it , you can very quickly get carried away .
I peronally think you got a good deal there as its in good nick , they are a good strong bike with nice geometry  . Welcome to rad . :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Zippo F&F off ebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx