gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 23, 2024, 08:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  90's Paint
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 90's Paint  (Read 985 times)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
90's Paint
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Put this in here as it is a bit of resto and don't realy fit anywhere else as the bike fits in a few sections,  and as always a bit of fun  :daumenhoch: 

Had a chat with the R&D department at the last meet  and the subject got round to paint in the mid era , finnished up on home paint systems adopted  by the dedicated few when there was no money for a real job, i rememberd a certain system that was used on GT and was in actionbikeinvertride,    ;D ( big clue so you can stop reading now if you like :daumenhoch: :) )

Thought yup thats the way to go , got a 5star lite n the paint is shite chipping all over so why not

System Requirements Checklist  :daumenhoch:

well ventilated area ......................   NOPE was raining so shut the door

Bike in bits.....................................   Yup

Coffee...........................................    Yup  large pot

Tabs..............................................    Yup   should stop  ;D

PPE consisting of........

Gloves
Goggles
Coveralls
Steel Capped boots
High Vis Vest................................   Nope

Medium Tin of The system Paint.... Yup

Cheapest brush in the shop.........  yup

So checklist complete  :daumenhoch:

There is a method of applying this particular paint which involves slapping it on and seeing what happens , so i've adopted this method   :daumenhoch: 

The results ,

disappointed by the lack of blurred vision caused by the fumes , must of changed the formular since i last bought any  :D, H&S gone mad ,  as an analogy its a bit like "Swords Of a Thousand Men" by Tenpole Tudor remember it being Fookin Brill but now is a little less exciting , still well HP with final results

As an addition to the check list you can add making your new ish school bike a little bit heavier to the Yup section  :LolLolLolLol:

The paint System in Question...........HAMMERITE   :LolLolLolLol:  a mid bobbly classic  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: 90's Paint
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 03:57 PM »
aye up miriam, looks better than hutch's effort  ;)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 04:08 PM »
nice one Julie  :daumenhoch: pictures don't do it justice,   included in the finish are bristles of the cheap brush , several little flies , some dog hairs , finger prints from moving it before it was dry and some smooth bits where i spilt me coffee on it  :daumenhoch:     ,    don't think the Hutchins finish had the same attention to detail   :daumenhoch:   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 04:41 PM »
aye up miriam, looks better than hutch's effort  ;)

Beats the sh$t out of Hutch,s effort,exept hutch had a reet good name for their hammerite :D

Think you should call the finish,Supertextureamic,or something equally as made up :D

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Top work Jimothy, look forward to seeing it in the flesh!

See, you wouldn't have been on this learning curve, had you not smashed fook out of another bike and let go of the hammer!!

Every cloud eh?

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  90's Paint

gfxgfx
gfx gfx