gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975769 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 05:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Watched Super 8 last night - anyone know what BMX bikes were in it?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Watched Super 8 last night - anyone know what BMX bikes were in it?  (Read 342 times)

griff

found myself trying to ID the bikes for the split seconds they were on screen - also saying stuff like "hmm did they have alloy hubbed tuff IIs in 1979 when the film is set?"
anyone else seen this film?

think maybe I spotted a redline, but was hard to tell as nothing was on screen for long and quite often it was a bit dark

apologies if this is a repost btw

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Got it on Blu-Ray for my birthday last week. Loved it in the cinema, one of my faves of last year.

Will freeze frame once I start watching. Apparently there is a Kuwie E.T. Homage bike in the junk that gets magnetised into the alien craft at the end, but I must admit to not noticing that when I first saw it. I was enjoying it all so much...

lk_97

Sadly, I find myself wondering if something would actually be around in all films set in the 80's/90's...

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
I saw the ET homage bike in the junk at the cinema.. but that was probably because I couldn't really get into the film. The alien design kinda bummed it for me... looked very similar to cloverfield/war of the worlds/I am legend etc.... basically all aliens are lookin the very samey in movies these days  :(

griff

Got it on Blu-Ray for my birthday last week. Loved it in the cinema, one of my faves of last year.

Will freeze frame once I start watching. Apparently there is a Kuwie E.T. Homage bike in the junk that gets magnetised into the alien craft at the end, but I must admit to not noticing that when I first saw it. I was enjoying it all so much...

not strictly era-correct then as ET came a few years later (I guess spielberg put that one in as a nice little 'in-joke')
I enjoyed the film, had no clue what it was about to begin with so glad I didn't read your comments before yesterday  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Watched Super 8 last night - anyone know what BMX bikes were in it?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx