gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 07:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Not Good Ramp City
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Not Good Ramp City  (Read 974 times)

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Not Good Ramp City
« on: March 31, 2012, 02:20 PM »
After a great night at ramp city no accidents (and no Joff funily enough) just had a text from Kappy who ruffed it there last night on the camp site..... AIR AMBULANCE has just taken someone away from Ramp City  :-\  just brings home how dangerous riding kids bikes can be ! hope what ever has happened isnt to serious but goes with out saying to be flown to hospital then it dont sound to good .... im sure as soon as Kappy knows more hell post up. heeling vibes to the unknown rad kid whos been hurt  :'(

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Not Good Ramp City
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Hope it's not one of Darren's little un's?

That place like most other indoor parks gets dangerously busy during normal sessions, hope whoever it is will be ok  :daumenhoch:

Did joff turn up on the wrong day?  :LolLolLolLol:
2 minutes turkish...

Max Out!

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Is that Ramp City in Blackpool???  or.......???

If so, hope it's not one one the kids that comes in the shop...  I know that some were heading down there today..   :-\   Crappy who ever it is...

Offline denzil

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:08 PM »
All the best to ever it is,  :daumenhoch:

punkdSICO

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 04:32 PM »
Yes, fingers crossed its just a precaution and all is well..

Paul

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 04:33 PM »
yeh its only us hard nuts who do ramp city

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 06:07 PM »
Is that Ramp City in Blackpool???  or.......???

If so, hope it's not one one the kids that comes in the shop...  I know that some were heading down there today..   :-\   Crappy who ever it is...

Yes it's Blackpool

Won't be a bmxer though, they're not allowed in ramp city till after 4.30pm

2 minutes turkish...

Max Out!

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 06:39 PM »
Could be a boarder or a scooter'r....   :-\   Plenty of kids have lost teeth over the last few weeks face planting on their scoots!!   ???  Hope they're good, although the air ambulance usually means a bad head injury or worse.....   :buck2:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 07:35 PM »
No it wasn't any of my two , after the  air ambulance landed they didn't seem to be to hang about when lifting off straight up no messing and looked to go towards the Preston Direction  , alot of cars seemed to be coming away while the air ambulance was there , hope its not too serious for who's involved ,

.        kappy
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Max Out!

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Preston is the head injury hospital....  Hopefully it was just a precaution..  Glad your guys are all good.   8)

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 12:15 PM »
Very bad to hear  :-\

Maybe it should be mandatory to wear full face helmets in a skatepark  :-\

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 12:37 PM »
Totally agree about having to wear full face helmets as the modern little ones you see don't really give you enough protection , but to be honest the amount of youngsters I see without a helmet makes me feel sick ,
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 01:04 PM »
Enforcing helmet rules is what's needed not everyone wearing full face lids

Most park owners don't give a shit as long as they've paid the entrance fee

Like i said above the parks get stupidly overcrowded and the vast majority of scooter kids have no park sense whatsoever

I won't ride indoor parks anymore unless it's on a no scooter session or a lock in

I do hope the kids ok though  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

Max Out!

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 01:08 PM »
Totally agree about having to wear full face helmets as the modern little ones you see don't really give you enough protection , but to be honest the amount of youngsters I see without a helmet makes me feel sick ,

I hardly see any kids wearing them.   :idiot2:  Even the ones that have lost all of their teeth!!   :uglystupid2:   It usually takes a bad accident or parent pressure that finally makes them see sense.  As you say though, the modern 'skate' helmets offer zero face protection and most are worn without the chin strap anyway...   ::)  not much use in a face plant!!!!    :crazy2:

Max Out!

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 01:18 PM »
Enforcing helmet rules is what's needed not everyone wearing full face lids

Most park owners don't give a shit as long as they've paid the entrance fee

Like i said above the parks get stupidly overcrowded and the vast majority of scooter kids have no park sense whatsoever

I won't ride indoor parks anymore unless it's on a no scooter session or a lock in

I do hope the kids ok though  :daumenhoch:

I agree..   :daumenhoch:

This is why the BMXers give the scoot kids so much grief.  I don't think most of them realise when they are getting in the way, or the potential dangers of a BMX approaching at high speed!!

They need to be in a non shared area or like you say, in a scoot only sesh...

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Ramp works are leading the way on the scooter scean. for a good while now they have been doing scooter only nights/skate board only nights/roller blade.boots only nights. defo the way forward as every disapline rides the park a different way... but as for lids, as  said by Betty as long as u pay ur entry fee they couldnt care less ......  my lad has a piss pot helmet and a full face , got to be honest he used to try and take it off and ride like a lot of his older peers , NO HELMET ON.....  but if i catch him them its a top bollocking and if its in the local park then hes sent home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      as parents and adults its up to us to enforce our kids to wear helmets..  because the parks wont .....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Not Good Ramp City

gfxgfx
gfx gfx