gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  vincents back from powder & built up (new pics)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: vincents back from powder & built up (new pics)  (Read 15020 times)

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: vincents back from powder & built up (new pics)
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Cool as mate. I'm gonna ask Katie to make me some forks. Got no forks with mine

chubby

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Cool as mate. I'm gonna ask Katie to make me some forks. Got no forks with mine
yeh mate ask em sure they'll sort some,been real helpful to me .....like to see some pics sometime mate

renegaderacer

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 06:03 PM »
hey Giles nice to hear from you ... thought about a rotor last night, not sure wether it'd clear the ball basher round head tube .. tyres are 1.75s so rotor could be best to tidy it up .
any thoughts on best to get mate ?
Hi Richard,

You shouldn't have any problems fitting a Rotor to your bike. Here's the cheapest one I've found so far......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-BMX-Spinners-BMX-Rotor-BMX-Stem-Rotors-ACS-Rotor-Kit-ACS-Spinner-/150680062802?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item23153b4b52

Hopefully the new tryes you've ordered will have a lower tread pattern and you'll be able to use the Potts mod on the stem. Still trying to figure out why there's no clearance though!  :daumenhoch:

Giles  ;)

chubby

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 06:14 PM »
hey Giles nice to hear from you ... thought about a rotor last night, not sure wether it'd clear the ball basher round head tube .. tyres are 1.75s so rotor could be best to tidy it up .
Hi Richard,

You shouldn't have any problems fitting a Rotor to your bike. Here's the cheapest one I've found so far......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-BMX-Spinners-BMX-Rotor-BMX-Stem-Rotors-ACS-Rotor-Kit-ACS-Spinner-/150680062802?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item23153b4b52

Hopefully the new tryes you've ordered will have a lower tread pattern and you'll be able to use the Potts mod on the stem. Still trying to figure out why there's no clearance though!  :daumenhoch:

Giles  ;)

hey mate I've seen that one gonna wait for tyres n see if it helps if not prob gonna tie em neatly to forks..seen a pic in old mag of a skyway like that ....cheers bud ..

deeman

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 12:16 AM »
Hi Richard,

Giles  ;)

I wasnt so sure about the rotor Giles,I don't know if the bottom headset cup with the cable guide will clear the top tubes,if it does i'd be surprised if you could get a cable to it?check the frame pics!!I've studied the pics hard,and lso the ones of your falcon pro for  reference and i dont reckon it'll work!! :daumenhoch: :idiot2:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 05:55 PM »
That looks so sweet bud , looks so right in white with blue  :4_17_5:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

chubby

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 06:02 PM »
hey mate thanks v much Im really happy with it... just wanted to do her up to ride but its gone a bit further now though....enjoying it though... are you in blackpool ?

renegaderacer

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 11:18 PM »
Hi Richard,

Giles  ;)

I wasnt so sure about the rotor Giles,I don't know if the bottom headset cup with the cable guide will clear the top tubes,if it does i'd be surprised if you could get a cable to it?check the frame pics!!I've studied the pics hard,and lso the ones of your falcon pro for  reference and i dont reckon it'll work!! :daumenhoch: :idiot2:
I'd need to see a better picture from above the headset but I still think a Rotor would fit. The cable wouldn't fit into the bottom headset cup of it was in the same position as mine but you can place that cup in any position you want to get the right clearance for the cable. Couldn't tell for sure though until I see a picture from up above.  :daumenhoch:

weaver

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 08:08 PM »
 :4_17_5: :smitten:

chubby

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 08:46 PM »
:4_17_5: :smitten:
[/thanks mate done some more work to it so Will post some more pics over wend ..cheersquote]

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 10:23 PM »
here is mine bud. been stripped down now though might rebuild it this year fancy some different colour scheme.

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 10:24 PM »
first time i built it up was very late at night and put the crank on the wrong side. to say i had the P@ss took out of me on here was a understatement.lol

chubby

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 11:07 PM »
hiya mate that's fookin smart... shame its in bits though.
thought about changing the colour on mine but couldn't decide on one. now glad I've kept it white.
if you get forks made from katie the clearence for pots mod is very very tight too...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  vincents back from powder & built up (new pics)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx