gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  vincents back from powder & built up (new pics)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: vincents back from powder & built up (new pics)  (Read 15021 times)

chubby

vincents back from powder & built up (new pics)
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:33 PM »
nearly got all parts together waiting for decals .... soon be done i hope  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:14 PM by chubby »

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: vincents back from powder
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Rad  :daumenhoch:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:43 PM »
thats a cracking bike looks amazing now i'd kill somebody to get my hands on this  :LolLolLolLol:, first dib dobs if you ever sell it  ;) ,awesome have you had the bars done as well, probably one of the best looking of all the freestyler  absolutely love these and they've got to be white
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:46 PM by glenboy »

chubby

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 10:55 PM »
thats a cracking bike looks amazing now i'd kill somebody to get my hands on this  :LolLolLolLol:, first dib dobs if you ever sell it  ;) ,awesome have you had the bars done as well, probably one of the best looking of all the freestyler  absolutely love these and they've got to be white
thanks mate bars done too always wanted chrome one thought about doing it but so glad kept it white,katies got 1st dib dobs but you're welcome to 2nds .sell a lung first though  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 11:15 PM »
whats the rest of the parts going on , i'm presuming the white and red wheel are gone  :daumenhoch:, looking forward to seeing this getting built up  :4_17_5:

pkripster

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 11:28 PM »
was that da rotten one from before

rad_pitt

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 02:51 AM »
Awesome  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: cannot wait to see this done. My air zone is 80% finished too. Bloody love Vincent  :4_17_5:

chubby

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 10:00 AM »
morning all , yes its the grotty one from the pics so come out real well , the wheels aren't goin back on got blue zytecs to replace them ,Will post more pics n parts list soon ,   :)

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 08:08 PM »

:smitten: :smitten:  love Vincents , hope to get mine soon  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 08:15 PM »

:smitten: :smitten:  love Vincents , hope to get mine soon  :daumenhoch:

;D  ;)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Deano

Re: vincents back from powder(now with parts list)
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Freestyle royalty imo  :smitten:

One to watch and white + blue  :4_17_5: :daumenhoch:

chubby

Re: vincents back from powder(now built up new pics)
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 11:03 PM »
nos blue ame grips
nos blue tech 5s
nos blue dk freestyle stem
nos blue dc890 (pots mod)
nos blue dc901
blue dc cables (all brakes dated 85)
nos blue kashimax handler seat
original blue dc seat clamp
some sort of blue flute seat stem (had ages)
new blue skyway blocks
unknown opc (stamped with a T??had ages)
unknown bb (had ages)
nos odyssey dynatron headset
nos blue areo zytecs
nos white comp 3 type tyres (had ages )
nos blue victor dx pedals (had ages )
unknown chainwheel (had ages)
blue & silver chain (had ages too)
hope you all like would love some proper white freestyle tyres if anyone got some at reasonable cost
pm if have some
 :crazy2: ;D ;D ;D
sounds a bit blue heavy but sure it'll be fine   :-\
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:18 PM by chubby »

deeman

Re: vincents back from powder & built up (new pics)
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 12:48 AM »
WA-HEY!!well done mate!glad you chose to restore her,and I hope you are too!!Here's a link for the pork chop repop comp st's in white,which are by far the most reasonably priced white freestyle tyre you can buy!if you want an original set of Haro/GT/COMP ST/PANARACER expect to pay 3 figures!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=white+comp+st&_sacat=0

The bike will look 10 times better imo with a set of freestyle tyres!Now,as someone has mentioned before,This really is freestyle royalty you have there and and i'll be the first to say it as others will be thinking it,i fell you have let it down just a little with some of the other parts choices in particular the seat,the seatpost and that chainring!!!Also being a freestyler I would have built it with a potts mod(hollow stem bolt)and routed the cable through,and maybe a couple of cable ties on the rear cable would tidy it up a treat,as the cables look a little messy atm!These are only my opinions and not meant to offend,but i just feel with a couple of changes a nice bike could be a fantastic bike!I realise everyone has  budget and Mrs Chubbs has probably been bending your ear,but you wouldnt have to spend a fortune on a sugino chainwheel/spider combo a chrome seatpost and maybe something like a repop Dominator seat?I cant wait to see this with some decals on and finished,it's an absolute gem,the Frame and forks look beautiful,especially considering their original condition!nice one!Damo :daumenhoch: :smitten:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:04 PM by pickle »

chubby

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 02:13 PM »
hey damo good to hear from you again. i had to chuck it together to get parts out of babys room !
not happy with crank,chainwheel,tyres myself...
really like seat n post though what don't you like about it ? got a hollow bolt in stem but no room between tyre & forks for cable Will freestyle tyres sort this ? lost/couldn't afford some white barefoots so drunken bid on some white teckno ones no idea about em but looks like they're heading this way :-( Ta for the link too ... sure some bits Will turn up keep a ear out for owt sutable please mate
I've really enjoyed doing it so double thanks to you for that .....cheers mate Richard...

deeman

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Hey Richard,
I,m surprised to hear about the the brake cable!it should come out the bottom of the fork and loop either round the back or the front of the fork and up to the caliper,you will need to hold it back with a cable tie of some sort,I have a velcro one on mine.It will look much tidier!heres a link to a chainwheel,but you'd probably want it in blue,but you get the idea! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-school-bmx-sugino-chainwheel-and-spider-/320875302666?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4ab5a88f0a

I don't know where to start on that seat!!For starters the colour,it doesnt match the other parts,but they are just ugly seats imo,and not era correct for the frame and forks.I reckon a blue kashimax aero would look the nuts but they are top dollar.I'm just not a fan of annodised posts,but thats just me!!I reckon a chrome one would look better.But hey,you build it how you want it,as long as you are happy is all that counts!so,are you going  to ride this beauty? :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:04 PM by pickle »

chubby

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 04:19 PM »
blue kashimax ain't won the rollover !!!! was gonna ride it which is why i stuck the mank tyres on...its getting a bit mad now though,might put mank parts on a ratty rider..... hear Mrs chubby sigh yet again
p.s i like my seat  :LolLolLolLol:

vincentframes

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06 PM »
Woah! I think it looks hot!!

Signing off on the decals this week I hope so not long now til she's complete. I look forward to her changing over time too, when you change the bits you're not quite happy with.  I'm building my freestyler tomorrow with Paul Hudson & Adam Dudley..cant wait! but already knnow there'll be changes to make along the way, just wanna get it built up and ridden!

Thanks for sharing your story and your journey with me! Have loved the progress and updates...oh and if you want a VF layback seat post I can sort that... :daumenhoch:

Cheers,
Katie

chubby

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 09:21 PM »
hiya katie now you've joined the seat post haters club :LolLolLolLol:
was gonna mail you tomorrow as just got freestyle bmx issue 10 with Vincent test in . take it the post is the chrome braced one on that bike if its good nick id love it pm or mail me details n price .also have you come across the prob where the brake cable won't fit past the wheel to do pots mod properly ? any thoughts ?
thanks again katie speak soon...

deeman

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Richard,I've just seen those Techno tyres you were talking about on ebay!I hope you havn't bought a set yet!!!They do not have a skinwall/tanwall and will never look right on an old school build!!As I said before the pork chop st's are probably cheapest solution.Failing that,Oddysey do a new tyre in white with a tanwall,but these are around 25/30 pounds each. :daumenhoch:

renegaderacer

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 11:45 AM »
Hi Richard,

just seen this thread and your bike looks sweet!  :daumenhoch: :smitten:

Puzzling how there is no clearance between the tyre and bottom of the forks for the brake cable. The only thing I can think of is if you had a fatter tyre than a 1.75 on there, then it could be squeezed up on the rim, making a taller profile and reducing the clearance?

As for the seat, I don't mind it although I'm sure some people will question my tastes if they've seen my lastest build!  :LolLolLolLol:

Oh, I would put the seat guts on the right way round though!  :daumenhoch:

Definately change the seat post, if only because if it's alloy, it'll weld itself to your lovely frame and be an absolute pig to shift!  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Also, if you're going to have it with the stem raised, you may as well make the best use of it and put a Rotor on for that finishing, freestyle touch!  ;D

Can't wait to see this when it's finished!!  :daumenhoch:

Giles

chubby

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 01:01 PM »
Richard,I've just seen those Techno tyres you were talking about on ebay!I hope you havn't bought a set yet!!!They do not have a skinwall/tanwall and will never look right on an old school build!!As I said before the pork chop st's are probably cheapest solution.Failing that,Oddysey do a new tyre in white with a tanwall,but these are around 25/30 pounds each. :daumenhoch:
good news someone else has bid so may not end up with em.....couldn't get pork chop link to work could you sort item number ? would appreciate it damo ..

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Try the links now, they just needed a space at the beggining   :daumenhoch:

chubby

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 01:07 PM »
hey Giles nice to hear from you ... thought about a rotor last night, not sure wether it'd clear the ball basher round head tube .. tyres are 1.75s so rotor could be best to tidy it up .
any thoughts on best to get mate ?

chubby

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 01:44 PM »
Try the links now, they just needed a space at the beggining   :daumenhoch:
Ta Mr pickles

chubby

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 05:01 PM »
hiya all..... just got some of mr porkchops finest white st's from the easter bunny  :LolLolLolLol: hopefully katie v gonna sort a vf seat post too..
looking for replacement sugino ring n spider .
still bit fooked on pots mod/rotor anymore ideas gratefully recieved
thanks peeps.....
seats staying tho :D i'd better change guts round (ta giles)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  vincents back from powder & built up (new pics)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx