gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 06:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Are these pawls a like for like match?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Are these pawls a like for like match?  (Read 355 times)

waz200

Are these pawls a like for like match?
« on: March 25, 2012, 12:35 PM »
I'm after replacing the pawls & spring in a Blank Media 2010 hub. A helpful Rad member found these on Custom Riders website http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=7227&cat=0&parent=0&sid=3. Before i order them i'd like to be sure they are the same as the picture below, if they are not the same do you know which ones are?

Thanks Warren.

Max Out!

Re: Are these pawls a like for like match?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:54 PM »
Hi Warren

I think the Odyssey pawls may be a little on the short side.  There are other manufactures that sell pawls, so you could do some comparisions.  I have never personally changed them in the cheaper Blank hubs, but I have had a few in pieces. 

Just out of interest, what is leading you to change them?? 

Cheers

Max

waz200

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 01:21 PM »
The bike first started clicking now & again whilst pedalling, eventually it just didn't drive the wheel anymore, as soon as you put your foot on the pedal the rear cog just spun round. I pulled the hub to bits and it was gunged up with bmx track & oil and the pawls were not springing back, i soaked all the bits in white spirits over night & cleaned them up with wire wool. Now the pawls spring back and the click is louder on the hub and you can pedal but it's slipping a bit, feels like they are not catch properly. The spring feels a little slack too so thought i'd just renew them and go from there. Do you have any suggestions for other makes?

Max Out!

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 01:52 PM »
Hi Warren

I have catalogues at work, but I won't be back in until tomorrow.  Are the 'teeth' on the sprocket itself ok?  I have seen similar problems before, but it turned out to be wear on the actual driver teeth, rather than the pawls themselves.

If you want (and it's not too late), I will have a look at some of the other manufactures' pawls tomorrow. 

I haven't looked through these, but there could be something from Seventies:

http://www.bmxdistro.com/search.aspx'searchTerm=pawl&SearchTerm_Vldt=%0D%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09[req][len%3D1][blankalert%3DPlease+enter+something+to+search+for!]%0D%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09

Cheers

Max

waz200

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 02:15 PM »
I've had someone from Rivington bikes near me & Alans bmx in Wigan look at the teeth on the sprocket and they both think it's ok as do i, so i think that bit is fine. If you wouldn't mind looking tomorrow i'd be most grateful Max so i can look at all my options. Cheers Fella. I've inboxed you my mobile if you want to contact me direct.  :daumenhoch:

Max Out!

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 02:28 PM »
Cool...  I'll take a look tomorrow and give you a call buddy...    :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Are these pawls a like for like match?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx