gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  King of concrete 92 & 93 pictures
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: King of concrete 92 & 93 pictures  (Read 4993 times)

welsh denny

Re: King of concrete 92 & 93 pictures
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 10:49 PM »
Nice pics. It brings back some memories of king of concrete.

By the way you are wrong about the first fakie backflip by a British rider. That was done by some nutter from Kettering. It was at a ukbfa competition at Milton Keynes. His routine consisted off. Dropping in from one quarter pipe riding like fook and doing a massive backflip about 6ft out and landing on the floor. Only to get mobbed by the crowd. Then he got on his bike and done it again. Only this time when he landed he broke both his wrists!! Believe me if you saw this you wouldn't forget it. It was a few weeks after Hoffman had done his backflips at Mansfield. Where he pulled the first 180 one. Now called a flair. The first vert backflip attempt was by Hoffman a few weeks before that at Paris. But he didn't pull it. There was a couple of riders from the states that done back flips from jump ramps in the early 80's though. So they were really the first.  :daumenhoch:

i put the video of the backflip by the unknown brit rider on youtube. just try first uk rider to backflip or go to my page dennyd71 and you'll find it on there. amongst about 200 odd videos oldschool and more...

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 05:03 PM »
i was at that koc and i,ve got a load of photo's too that look a lot like your's, i was probably standing next to you. i just put this together for team sano. think it's koc 93-94.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN50uMj_8i0&feature=g-upl&context=G22fdf4fAUAAAAAAAAAA

Mdbh

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 09:28 PM »
in your youtube vid where r them bowls at the end?

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21 PM »
in your youtube vid where r them bowls at the end?

Livingston..  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

doctor-46

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 07:18 PM »
Nice pics. It brings back some memories of king of concrete.

By the way you are wrong about the first fakie backflip by a British rider. That was done by some nutter from Kettering. It was at a ukbfa competition at Milton Keynes. His routine consisted off. Dropping in from one quarter pipe riding like fook and doing a massive backflip about 6ft out and landing on the floor. Only to get mobbed by the crowd. Then he got on his bike and done it again. Only this time when he landed he broke both his wrists!! Believe me if you saw this you wouldn't forget it. It was a few weeks after Hoffman had done his backflips at Mansfield. Where he pulled the first 180 one. Now called a flair. The first vert backflip attempt was by Hoffman a few weeks before that at Paris. But he didn't pull it. There was a couple of riders from the states that done back flips from jump ramps in the early 80's though. So they were really the first.  :daumenhoch:

i put the video of the backflip by the unknown brit rider on youtube. just try first uk rider to backflip or go to my page dennyd71 and you'll find it on there. amongst about 200 odd videos oldschool and more...

i don't suppose you know who the guy doing the 'safe as football' chat is in that backflip clip?
he looks familiar.....
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:46 PM by doctor-46 »

christhejob

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 10:07 AM »

i don't suppose you know who the guy doing the 'safe as football' chat is in that backflip clip?
he looks familiar.....

It's Steff Evans - the clip was from his video "A Kind of Life"

doctor-46

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2012, 03:36 PM »
That's who I thought it was!
I used to ride with him, is he still about?
I'll have to look up the rest of the video...

christhejob

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2012, 04:16 PM »

he's an engineer in Preston and I occasionally have the pleasure of (accidentally) pitching him over his handlebars on a North Wales/Lake District MTB trail (serves him right for having clip-ins), oh, and getting him so pissed after he pukes his false teeth down the toilet in a curry house.  I think his BMX is in his mum and dad's loft in llan, gathering dust!

doctor-46

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 04:39 PM »

he's an engineer in Preston and I occasionally have the pleasure of (accidentally) pitching him over his handlebars on a North Wales/Lake District MTB trail (serves him right for having clip-ins), oh, and getting him so pissed after he pukes his false teeth down the toilet in a curry house.  I think his BMX is in his mum and dad's loft in llan, gathering dust!

Ha ha, nice one!
I used to ride with him in Chester/waverton and in llan a few times too.
Last time I saw him was in kelsterton college about 20 years ago!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  King of concrete 92 & 93 pictures

gfxgfx
gfx gfx