gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975747 Posts in 138932 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 10, 2024, 10:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Blyther & Mike D in NEW Ride UK mag
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Blyther & Mike D in NEW Ride UK mag  (Read 2411 times)

DJ

Blyther & Mike D in NEW Ride UK mag
« on: May 26, 2006, 09:30 PM »
Yo, after a lot a fannyin' around Ride UK  have started the old school ICONS page. The first one features some of Peter Hawkins amazing Pipeline pics of Mike D & Blyther. I did a Q&A with Blyther for it but he didnt get it back to me before the deadline which sucks but at least its an excuse to have him in next issue!
Check it out when you can, looks amazing!  :)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Blyther & Mike D in NEW Ride UK mag
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 09:35 PM »
good job, i guess i'll have to go and buy it then ;)

Jazzchimp

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 09:54 PM »
I'm waiting for a call from them :daumenhoch:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 11:23 PM »
very cool, in fact id say that was rather chilly.
I want to touch ORB

DR VINOAH

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 12:44 AM »
thats 2 kool ski :4_17_5:

WizardWeb

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 04:23 PM »
Got the new issue, pictures are cool, it's a good response to our letters, but I'll admit I was a little disappointed. DJ, did BB ever give you the replies for the interview.....?

mantadave

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 01:00 PM »
Not as good as i thought it was going to be a bit poor.legends of bmx we want a full blown interveiw not a right up you could put on the back of a match box they hate oldschool. :(

jeff spicoli

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Found it second go ;D not much old school in this mag :(

fatlander

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 06:48 PM »
when i hear someone mention  mike d, the 2 things that i think off r: the tussles in comp that he had with eddie, and the sequence in a bmx mag of him attempting a t/whip in a bowl. he didn't pull it off, but it was the first time that i'd seen it attempted. in fact was this the first time that it was attempted in comp. the year would be about 1983/4 anyone any info? :buck2:

jeff spicoli

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 02:09 AM »
yeah I got some info M D was a mile better than Fiola and I did ride with both of them so its a fact .....dont argue thats it. :LolLolLolLol:

DJ

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 11:28 AM »
Yes, BB answered my questions....eventually but as you've see it was too late to get them in the issue so hopefully they'll go with my column next issue?
But in all honesty, there's no fu**in pleasin most of you lot is there? if there isnt any old school in mags people moan & when there is some recognition its never enough!!!

jeff spicoli

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Yes, BB answered my questions....eventually but as you've see it was too late to get them in the issue so hopefully they'll go with my column next issue?
But in all honesty, there's no fu**in pleasin most of you lot is there? if there isnt any old school in mags people moan & when there is some recognition its never enough!!!

We just want it all our own way :tickedoff: is that to much to ask :yahoo_silent:

DJ

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 12:12 PM »
for what its worth I believe the next issue's ICON feature will cover Craig Campbell.......

jeff spicoli

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 12:55 PM »
ok ::)

oldmankev

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 09:54 PM »
I expect Pete will be after royalties if he took the pic hey DJ  :LolLolLolLol:

andy619

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 10:38 PM »
I'm flying to England to pick up my copy because I don't trust the postman :daumenhoch: Hopefully the CC issue will be out by then.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 09:28 AM »

No your right, so don't worry about it, you will never keep everyone happy, but look at it this way, I went out & brought it & I will get the next issue, so the sales should have gone up by one  ;)

DJ

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 10:50 AM »
yeah sales..............

WizardWeb

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Hey DJ, don't think I don't appreciate the new feature, it's like TA says, I bought a copy, appreciated the pics and I'm looing forward to the next issue. So job done really. It's human nature though we'll always want more, but what's there is still great ! Cheers chap !

madall

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Has anyone got a scan of the article as there is fook all here in Monaco abour BMX....sad bstards

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Blyther & Mike D in NEW Ride UK mag

gfxgfx
gfx gfx