gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  RePOP DiaCompe
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RePOP DiaCompe  (Read 686 times)

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
RePOP DiaCompe
« on: March 13, 2012, 01:25 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted up before but hey......

Just had a clamp delivered as I was a bit curious of the funk from previous threads. Just done a few pics to share for those thinking about BUILDING a bike and maybe using some of this new issue stuff.

For a tenner it ain't bad at all tbh, leeetle bit pinky when compared to a minty red OG 900 and tech 3. The DC stamp isn't as fine tuned as the originals either, but for the money they look ok. Might even fill the stamp in white enamel which will cover any shoddy stamping. I did a few pics from different angles as the anno is difficult to get a true colour match on.   :daumenhoch:

Random freeby.....  :D

punkdSICO

Re: RePOP DiaCompe
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:33 PM »
I agree - these are great, especially for the money.  You can even get them without the white "Dia Compe" lettering which makes them even harder to spot that they are not originals..

Good post.

Paul

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 12:48 PM »
nowt wrong with em for a rider....    ;)
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 12:57 PM »
I agree - these are great, especially for the money.  You can even get them without the white "Dia Compe" lettering which makes them even harder to spot that they are not originals..

Good post.

Paul

I got 4 of these on my bikes, I just flip them upside down when fitting to hide the white lettering, great value. :daumenhoch:

The Tech 3 levers are fine too, but the MX1000 calipers they've done are utter w4nk - avoid. >:D

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Deano

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:03 PM »
No DC stamp tho? So its still just like having a fake one.

Perfect for a rider sure and for cheap sods like me ;D Iv noticed most of the new repop dc stuff the stamps are messy.
Would this be due to tooling or material of the clamp itself? Id have thought the machines and tools would be the same as bitd.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  RePOP DiaCompe

gfxgfx
gfx gfx