gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 02:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dirty mags *snigger*
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dirty mags *snigger*  (Read 1596 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Dirty mags *snigger*
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:32 PM »
Hi guys my Mike Miranda mags landed today and are in cracking nick structurally but they could do with a good clean. I'm toying with bleaching them (although it looks like they were never pearly white) but dont want to remove or destroy the hubs.
Anyone know how much aqua blasting costs or have any other ideas? 

Cheers all  :daumenhoch:

You there Bendy?  ;)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

mark 2

Re: Dirty mags *snigger*
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Never been so disappointed after a promising thread title. >:(

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Never been so disappointed after a promising thread title. >:(

;D
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:59 PM »

Clint that thread title got my hopes up  :knuppel2:   love the wheels mate , think you should sell them to me  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

:daumenhoch:     :D
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:17 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: i thought it was someone who'd recieved a parcel off the kapster  :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

i'd have a go just cleaning them up first with some jif or similar

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 11:43 PM »
They look the same material as the acorns i had - not saying they are the same stuff, just the way the dirt is ingrained into it

they will clean up with a good wash - you could try a cif or cillit bang stuff but be careful it doesn't eat it too much

if you want to bleach them - it will change the metal and it will need a polish ~ this will not look the same as it was  :shocked:

i also suspect they were a off white anyway or quickly changed after a while with use or shelf wait

hope this helps - cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 10:23 AM »
Cheers Bendy. I believe they are Dupont nylon and yes i doubt they were ever pure white. I would like to give em a quick go with the bleach but the hubs are riveted like early skyways and i cant be arsed to polished tarnished steel. Thought about rotating them vertically in a tub of bleach tub this may take a while to do properly.  :( Will have a go with the magic soft scrub  ;)

Anyone know how much aquablasting is?

Oh and Darren, cheers, keeps your grubby mitts off  ;D

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 11:39 AM »
I know discostu had his done but cost a lot  ???

you could try scrubbing them with a good pad/cloth and bleach - this might take off some of the dirt

wear protective gear - have a bucket of soapy water - don't use a harsh pad as it will leave hair lines and dull the look

a soft cream cleaner or even a oven spray clean migh work but test first  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dirty mags *snigger*

gfxgfx
gfx gfx