gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame n forks identification please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Frame n forks identification please  (Read 2385 times)

KuwaDaz

Frame n forks identification please
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Evening Friends,

I'm brand new to this site, and this is my first real thread I need help with. At 43 years old, I have just bought a BMX bike to tinker with and improve. It's not brilliant but some old school parts on her. Also the frame and forks could be good if It could be identified by one of you good people out there.

I think its a Kuwahara KZ83 laserlite, but it was that long ago when I owned one I can't remember what it was like. Only the forks that were Aerodynamic and the oval tubing on the frame.
Now I have recently read that the two main frame tubes are oval on the early ones and no bottom bracket stamp i.e K stamp and totally round on the latter frames?.

Well mine has these but there could be a frame n forks with Aero dynamic oval tubing out there made by some other Manufacturer?.

I would love to know exactly what it is so I have posted some pictures to see if anyone can help identying this. Oh yes and I have the bug at the  mo and purchased a beautiful Chrome Aero Reflex frame and forks to build a nice one, also some black tuff's fitted with Haro white walls nice.

Here goes  :) please help  ;)

Cheers Daz

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
Re: Frame n forks identification please
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:24 PM »
Burner  :-\
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:36 PM »
Forks: I'm sure are Tange ARX (which some very early Laserlite's came with) as do some Burners.

Burner  :-\

Does the frame have a serial stamped in the bottom bracket? The rear brake bridge should be wide and flat if its a Laserlite. As Peter J says it could be a burner, with old Kuwi decals!  :-\

Change the thread Topic to Kuwahara or Burner, few more Radster's will have a look.

:daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:42 PM by BMX1973 »

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Hi is there a serial number under the bottom bracket and does it start with T3 or T2 if it does then it's a Tange made Frame.

Forks look like Tange ARX.

Ian :)

KuwaDaz

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:48 PM »
Oops forgot to add the bottom bracket pic, here goes. Ignore the post code i've already knocked on the door as its close to where I live, and the occupants don't know anything about it lol....

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Thats no kuwie,looks more like a generic copy style f+f set,I doubt the forks are Tange either,see if the forks are stamped under the threads?

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Yep not a Kuwahara or Tange made Frameset I'm affraid could be a copy like Akisu or something similar.

monkian

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:31 PM »
I think the forks might be Akisu ???
I don't think the end caps, the hole in the blades or the weld over the base of the stem tube are Tange style.
The frame looks nicely welded mind but no idea who made it.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 10:51 PM »
JEN MING AND AKISU BLADED FORKS

'83
round top tube and tear drop bottom tube
does it have Cr-Mo on the rear drop out (some did and some didn't )
fork have the same tear drop as the bottom tube on the frame - never looked great at the front when welded
seat post might have Cr- Mo on it as well

bars not sure

sold as frame and fork and then bits added to make up a complete by shops

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame n forks identification please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx