gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 06:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  heavy tools ruler
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: heavy tools ruler  (Read 12625 times)

m1ke

Re: heavy tools ruler
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 06:36 PM »
ride spot on even in the air just as you say a bit ooooof to carry n get in and out ya boot  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 12:23 AM »
Underrated bike as it happens.

It'll be heavy for sure, but will ride just fine.

The KHE Beater is another one to look out for. Jason Davies signature bike and not a bad bike.

Jason Davis Sig? mmm sounds interesting  :) what year was that Rob? 94 ish?

Deffo mid school, deffo mid 90s. Sorry bud, I really can't remember owt else.....   :-[

m1ke

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 11:30 AM »
if i remember right he designed the frame and it was released then he left after a week or something  ;D

al-bmx

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 12:05 PM »
I had a 98 one of these back in the day i loved it. fitted a gsport front hub as i kept bending the axle. but other than that it was mint.

jamie bestwick borrowed it for 1/2 an hour at rehab and loved it! i rode his haro it was a right pig compared couldnt wait to get the ruler back of him

m1ke

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 07:55 AM »
was gonna bid on that but lost the will  ;D that second bike wants burning  :D

m1ke

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 04:01 PM »
i really wouldnt spend a penny on the magna think  ;D the ruler will look smart as its mostly original  :daumenhoch:

Rob Atkin

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 11:49 PM »
A mate and I both had a Ruler when they came out and they were good value at the time. Much better geometry and build than other bikes at the price.
However the rear dropouts on quite a few of them were misaligned - look at it from the back end and they might look narrower at the top than at the bottom. I was sure that it bent a few axles for me that problem. My mate was an engineering apprentice so cold set his parallel but he eventually cracked the chainstays (he was a pretty rough street rider though!). Headtubes might flare with big drops too.

Mind you, they were only £360 for the full bike when new - a set of 3 piece cranks and you were set for any kind of riding. The KHE Beater was sort of the next generation Ruler and made a bit tougher.

deshstar

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2012, 05:07 PM »
I had a Ruler - loved it bitd . It was heavy though, I believe only the downtube was 4130 the rest was steel hence the weight.

The SBC Shorty copy was called the 'Screamer'

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 08:44 AM »
My screamer

al-bmx

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Got a new old stock frame off ebay the other week, its mint. Just noticed it has 14mm dropouts. Anyone know what was the last year these were produced?

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 11:38 AM »
ni idea on manufacturing dates, history is sketchy on them.  Here's mine i recently built, 1" threadless forks

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  heavy tools ruler

gfxgfx
gfx gfx