gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 02:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW SUNTOUR XC's on eBay......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEW SUNTOUR XC's on eBay......  (Read 968 times)

baldbmxer

NEW SUNTOUR XC's on eBay......
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:14 AM »
.... they look like they've been polished within a 1/2'' of their lives! and where is the white text on the cages?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-SUNTOUR-XCII-PEDALS-1-2-INCH-/160750625199?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item256d7be1af#ht_500wt_1284

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Re: NEW SUNTOUR XC's on eBay......
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:18 AM »
They have been polished dude  :-\  The cages are NOS and the pedals are mid '80's braceless  :daumenhoch: Even the bolts are wrong as they should have an 'S' stamped on them  :yahoo_silent:

Looked at them myself. They will top near the £100 methinks  :shocked:  :LolLolLolLol:
BANNED

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:20 AM »
N2cus...  :LolLolLolLol:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:09 PM »
They have been polished dude  :-\  The cages are NOS and the pedals are mid '80's braceless  :daumenhoch: Even the bolts are wrong as they should have an 'S' stamped on them  :yahoo_silent:

Looked at them myself. They will top near the £100 methinks  :shocked:  :LolLolLolLol:

Not all Suntour pedals came with the S or Suntour stamping in the screws, I have two og pairs and neither have them stamped, I also have a pair of in the packet NOS (new Old Stock not School) replacement cages and they have the white lettering.  I reckon they are a clean pair of og pedals with polished bodies and repainted cages.  nothing New Old Stock about them as far as I can see from those pics.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

balladof32

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:53 PM »
theres a genuine nos xcii 9/16 pair on ebay.com which have just topped the $400 mark ... this deans bloke is a polish n restorer, none of its nos at all so dont get caught up in his items  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 10:18 PM »
They have been polished dude  :-\  The cages are NOS and the pedals are mid '80's braceless  :daumenhoch: Even the bolts are wrong as they should have an 'S' stamped on them  :yahoo_silent:

Not all Suntour pedals came with the S or Suntour stamping in the screws
First gen, braced XCII's, had Suntour stamped on the bolts, 2nd gen, braceless, had S stamped on the bolts and 3rd gen, braced again, had nothing stamped on the bolts. Unless they have been tampered with, this is how you can clarify the age of your XCII's.

Researched this a hell of a lot over last 4 months after getting 6 sets and 4 sets for a friend. The other discrepencies are the teeth on the cages, the number of teeth on the pedal itself and the bearing caps  :daumenhoch:

Not all the cages had white lettering and the white cages are rare in NOS  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

monkian

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 10:31 PM »
This site has a bit on XC-1's & XC-II's:
http://www.speedplay.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=pedalmuseum.quill
I'm not sure how accurate the info is ???

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 10:47 PM »
whats the original finish on the cages?

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 09:39 AM »

Suntour XC-1 Pedals 1982

Japan
These first generation Suntour BMX/MTB pedals had extremely sharp teeth, a feature that was eliminated in later models.

Suntour XC - II 1983

Japan
These Suntour "beartrap" style pedals were prized by both BMX riders and early mountain bike riders

Also notice the tooth variation on the bodies and the information on the screws. The XCII's here are the braceless version. These were released like this to allow MTB riders to use toe straps. As the pedals were more associated with BMX, the industry pressured Suntour to re-lease the braced version as the cages were getting severely damaged and the riders needed more support.

I think the original finish on the cages was annodising but cannot confirm this as yet. Still trying to find out  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:45 AM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 10:04 AM »
from what ive found out, the 1st gen braced ones had 3 teeth on the bodies on 1 side and 1 tooth on the other, the later braced ones had 2 teeth on either side, it seems ive got a pair of the gen1 bodies with the 3 and 1 but with the later cages and screws with no letters ???

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 02:23 PM »

ozone

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 03:23 PM »
.... they look like they've been polished within a 1/2'' of their lives! and where is the white text on the cages?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-SUNTOUR-XCII-PEDALS-1-2-INCH-/160750625199?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item256d7be1af#ht_500wt_1284

The guy is using a Suntour chainwheel bag to fool people into thinking he has the original packaging.   :police:

Ad doesn't say new old stock but it does say new old school whatever that may mean.   :uglystupid2:

deeman

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 07:05 PM »
There is another thread about this fella called 'nos seatclamp'same old story,doesnt know his nos from his nos!!I think,and i'm going from memory here the original finish on the cages is a slightly brushed finish,then black anno'd.they are not completely smooth. :daumenhoch:

waza04

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Boy this guy likes polish.   ???

check out the other bling  :-\

£110 for a dc twin bolt clamp. polished of course.  :D

deeman

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 09:12 PM »

he's a fookin joker!see other thread! :daumenhoch:

waza04

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 09:15 PM »

he's a fookin joker!see other thread! :daumenhoch:

link please.....  :police:

deeman

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 09:20 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW SUNTOUR XC's on eBay......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx