gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 12:05 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Photographic Evidence; It Works!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Photographic Evidence; It Works!)  (Read 48012 times)

renegaderacer

Try here for a set of custom pads: http://www.esemdesign.co.uk/#/custom-pads/4540130883
Firebird on here does them. It might be worth giving him a shout to see what he can do?
Cheers mate,   :daumenhoch:
Steve (Firebird) is the one who's making my 'proper' pads and believe me, his design's a LOT better than mine!  :LolLolLolLol:

renegaderacer

Got some more pads off motomagII which arrived yesterday.  :)

I know I've got a custom set coming and a set of red ones to go with my blue stem pad but these are geuine NOS Falcon Pro and probably worth a squillion quid, so I had to have 'em!  :LolLolLolLol:

I just chucked them on the bike to see what it looks like with pads and I think it's definately the way to go. Now I'll just have to wait for my others to arrive and I'm sorted!

Looks like I'll have to get another Falcon Pro to put these ones on!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Finally a couple of quality bikes together!  :daumenhoch:

renegaderacer

Re: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: More Pad Business!)
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Another day, another delivery!  :LolLolLolLol:

More pads, although this time in red. I bought these from eBay to go with the blue stem pad but then realised they were too small!  :-[

I then had to order more red pads in a bigger size which I'm still waiting for, so I chucked these on to see how the colour combo works out!   :daumenhoch:

So with this set, the bigger red ones and the custom ones to come, that's four sets for one bike! Still, gives me an excuse to build more bikes to put them on!   ;) ;D

renegaderacer

Re: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Even More Pad Business!)
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Got my THIRD set of pads through for this bike today from Pork Chop!  ;D

They're red like the last lot I put on and I hoped they would go well with the blue stem pad. Good thing is, they are a lot bigger than the previous ones I bought.

I had the graphics all ready done to iron onto the pads, so got cracking!  :daumenhoch:

It didn't come out too badly but is certainly no professional job. The lettering was supposed to be blue but looks black.  >:(

Still; could be worse!  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm going to keep it like this until I get my professionally made set as I really can't think of anything else to colour-code now!  :2funny:

A couple of pics of classy bikes!  ;)

Finally; a couple of 80's icons!  ;D

Jaypeg

Re: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Nearly the last set of pads!)
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2012, 11:00 AM »
I'm picking up a falcon on Saturday and that has a red pad set on it... I'm going for a blue/chrome combo so I might not need it if you are interested. I need to check the condition of it first, let me know .

renegaderacer

« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Respect for choosing such a cool bike to get!  :daumenhoch:

Thanks for the offer bud but I've got a custom set on order with Firebird Steve which will be my fourth set and I think I have enough pads for it for now!  :LolLolLolLol:

Giles ;)

Jaypeg

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2012, 01:32 PM »
No worries bud, already have a freestyler and now I'm getting a pro beta 24, have a good one.

renegaderacer

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Finally; we've had some nice weather and I managed to get some outdoor pics for the first time in the morning before I went to Thorpe Park!  :daumenhoch:

Had a little play on her too and she rides like a dream, although I haven't tried the brakes yet as I can't bring myself to ruin the painted rims!  :LolLolLolLol:

I haven't got my proper padset yet but with the nice weather coming, I've just got to get out on her.  :smitten:

Giles  ;D

deeman

Looks wicked Giles!be funny to see the kids faces down the park when they see this!! :daumenhoch:

renegaderacer

Looks wicked Giles!be funny to see the kids faces down the park when they see this!! :daumenhoch:
Cheers!  :daumenhoch:

Yeh; I bet their first question after 'What is it?' is 'Why isn't it black?'  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Nice one Giles  :4_17_5: job on restoring that buddy. But why is it not all black??  :LolLolLolLol:

Where's that park buddy?? Is that the one down in Chessington??
BANNED

renegaderacer

Nice one Giles  :4_17_5: job on restoring that buddy. But why is it not all black??  :LolLolLolLol:

Where's that park buddy?? Is that the one down in Chessington??
Cheers Terry!  :daumenhoch:

This is the park just around the corner from Chessington, near Horton Country Park. It's off Hook Road, about half way down, if you're travelling from Chessington to Epsom. I always go down on Fridays when the kids are at school (don't want to show them up with my old-school skills! :LolLolLolLol:)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
awesome, loving it more and more

renegaderacer

awesome, loving it more and more
Cheers Jaymz!  :daumenhoch:

I'll get some action shots next time I can drag the missus down!   ;)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Cool fella, its still quite odd seeing what i wanted to build being done by someone else, BUT its also great as its saved me a shlt load of cash building one myself!!

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Very nice.  :smitten:
So how much did the budget build cost?  :)

renegaderacer

Very nice.  :smitten:
So how much did the budget build cost?  :)
Err, I stopped counting at £600 which I must admit is not really budget but is a lot cheaper than the Badlander cost. Everything's budget when put into perspective! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Whoops!  :LolLolLolLol:

renegaderacer

Finally; here's photographic proof you can use a Falcon Pro Aero Flyer as a freestyle bike!  :LolLolLolLol:

The front brake's not good enough yet to do tricks because of the painted rim but the rear was up to the job; no doubt aided by the brilliant performance of an ACS Rotor!  :daumenhoch:

Would've got more pics but was interupted by members of the 'travelling community' trying to sell me cheap lap tops........... :police:

.....and finally; one to annoy the missus (even more!)  :LolLolLolLol:

Well, she hasn't broken yet, feels light as a feather on the move and is so much more fun to ride than my new school bike!  :daumenhoch:

Just got to wait for these brakes to wear in, then it's old school freestyle action all the way!  8)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Photographic Evidence; It Works!)
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Nice bike :daumenhoch: are you Steve Coogan? ???

renegaderacer

« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2012, 10:48 AM »
Nice bike :daumenhoch: are you Steve Coogan? ???
:LolLolLolLol: Ahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Nice one brother, looks cracking in action

deeman

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2012, 03:12 AM »
Sick skills Giles!the missus doesn't look too impressed though!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2012, 11:13 PM »
Met with Giles on Thursday and have to say, after having a bang on this bike, it's lighter than I thought it be, the geometry is good for a 'budget' frame set and it looks pretty sick! Nice one Giles and a great job, I love it  :4_17_5:
BANNED

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2012, 11:18 PM »
look s dope in the daylight !!!  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Photographic Evidence; It Works!)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx