gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 12:07 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Photographic Evidence; It Works!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Photographic Evidence; It Works!)  (Read 48014 times)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Got the Seat Clamp Back!)
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Really loving this, looks just how i imagined, its awesome, have you been out for a spin yet?

renegaderacer

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Really loving this, looks just how i imagined, its awesome, have you been out for a spin yet?
Not yet. Couple more things to do first before she's ready but it shouldn't be too long. Can't wait! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:40 PM by renegaderacer »

deeman

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 12:20 AM »
Still lovin this Giles!The seatclamp is the absolute NUTS!! :daumenhoch:

renegaderacer

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 12:31 AM »
Still lovin this Giles!The seatclamp is the absolute NUTS!! :daumenhoch:
Cheers dude, glad you like it! Can't wait untill she's finally ready for her maiden voyage! :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 12:56 AM »
its mental..............................but i like it  :daumenhoch:
dave the bmxing gypo

renegaderacer

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 01:20 AM »
Picked up my new ACS stem from America today and although it was in good used condition I decided to give it a quick rub down to get rid of a few scratches and then give it a light polish. I didn't do it perfectly as I still wanted the used look to go with the rest of the bike.  :daumenhoch:

As you can see, it wasn't in bad nick but I know it could be better!

Looks a million times better after a rub down and polish.

Next job........FIT IT!!  ;D

deeman

Re: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Got the New Stem)
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2012, 10:30 PM »
Looks lovely Giles,I personally love polished stuff although there are others who are not fans!Nice stem too!i must admit I was expecting to see it on the bike!! :daumenhoch:

renegaderacer

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2012, 11:17 PM »
Looks lovely Giles,I personally love polished stuff although there are others who are not fans!Nice stem too!i must admit I was expecting to see it on the bike!! :daumenhoch:
Cheers.  ;D

I do like things polished up, I must admit.   :smitten:

The reason it's not on the bike in the pics is that I only got the stem around 9.30pm that night and by the time I polished it up it was around 1.30am and I had to get up for work at 6am!  :LolLolLolLol:

renegaderacer

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2012, 11:40 PM »
Found time to fit the stem when I got back tonight.

The back brake feels so much nicer with the correct angle for the cable going through the stem!  :daumenhoch:

I've shortened the front brake cable to the correct length and set them both up and now she's ready to roll!  ;D

Wouldn't mind some of those brake braces that Burners had so I can make the brakes a bit more solid though. Any offers?  ;)

Well that's it for now. There's a couple of cosmetic things I have in the pipeline but apart from that she's all set up and finally ready to ride after many years of hardship and neglect!  :LolLolLolLol:

Rodgy1970

Re: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: New Stem Fitted!)
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2012, 12:56 AM »
proper freestyle vibe going on there   :daumenhoch:

robiridr

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2012, 06:10 AM »
Very cool  :daumenhoch:

renegaderacer

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2012, 01:22 PM »
Just a couple more things......

I wanted to improve the braking performance as this is going to be a rider and was told ties around the brake caliper and fork leg stops the caliper pulling forwards when you apply the front brake. I ordered some red and blue velcro ties and put them on then replaced the ugly cable tie in the frame for good measure too.

Next I turned my attention to the back brake and got hold of some frame protecters that Raleigh Burners used to have. They were pretty rusty but a few minutes with a wire brush on a rotary tool and they turned out fine!

It's all ready to ride now but I'm waiting for a set of custom designed pads to be made before it's asthetically finished, so in the mean time I thought I'd put a temporary set on to see how it looks with pads. I got a cheap blue stem pad off eBay and an eyelet tool and thought I'd have a go at making my own Skyway inspired Rotor pad!

I'm pleased with the way it turned out but it's a bloody pain having to take all your brake cables out to fit it when you've finally set your brakes up!  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm going to get the frame and crossbar pad too and they'll suffice until my custom set arrive, then, hopefully, the nice weather will have returned and I'll be tearing it up down the local park!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: A Few Finishing Touches!)
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2012, 01:27 PM »
that is sweet as, its going to look good with a ful padset on i reckon  :daumenhoch:

How much difference does the velcro make on the front brakes, I've thought of trying it

Jaypeg

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Looks the biz mate :4_17_5:

renegaderacer

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2012, 05:57 PM »
that is sweet as, its going to look good with a ful padset on i reckon  :daumenhoch:

How much difference does the velcro make on the front brakes, I've thought of trying it
Cheers  :daumenhoch:

Haven't ridden it yet so can't give a definative answer on the velcro but applying the brakes stationary and pushing the bike gives no unwanted movement now which it was doing before hand, so I'd say it'll work fine. The velcro's bloody strong too so no worries with it slipping or tearing!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Looking ace buddy. Can see a lot of thought and effort has gone in to this and can't wait to see some daylight shots  :daumenhoch:

Well done  :4_17_5:

**I think you may want to tighten the front adjuster a bit on the caliper as it doesn't look seated right**
BANNED

dp and Chopper Dude

« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2012, 08:51 PM »
I've been loving this thread! Well done for going all out and mixing it right up. What about getting a red & a blue walled tyre and putting them on the opposite wheel? I've had a quick look but I've nolt found a matching pair but I'm sure it isn't impossible. Something like these?

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2012, 09:01 PM »

:4_17_5:   so glad i put my sun glasses on , i really love the colours great build would love to see it in the flesh  :daumenhoch:

Kappy
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

renegaderacer

« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2012, 12:31 AM »

**I think you may want to tighten the front adjuster a bit on the caliper as it doesn't look seated right**
Good spot, Terry!  :daumenhoch:
Unfortunately, that's as tight as it goes as the hole is a slightly different shape from the adjuster but once it's all set-up you don't notice any difference.   ;)

I've been loving this thread! Well done for going all out and mixing it right up. What about getting a red & a blue walled tyre and putting them on the opposite wheel? I've had a quick look but I've nolt found a matching pair but I'm sure it isn't impossible. Something like these?

Hmmm, there's a thought!  :LolLolLolLol:

:4_17_5:   so glad i put my sun glasses on , i really love the colours great build would love to see it in the flesh  :daumenhoch:

Kappy
Cheers dude!  ;D
Won't be long now before she makes her debut!  :daumenhoch:

Giles  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2012, 09:08 AM »
this thread should have one of those warnings on it, like when they warn you of flash photography on the news  ;D

fit inducing  ;)

Jaypeg

« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2012, 01:16 PM »
Awesome build . Just seen this on flea bay and thought of you .. Item 180863864685, http://bit.ly/HKBQ14

renegaderacer

« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2012, 01:21 PM »
Awesome build . Just seen this on flea bay and thought of you .. Item 180863864685, http://bit.ly/HKBQ14

Wow!  :shocked:

That's a nice set of brakes!  :smitten:

Great taste in colours!  :daumenhoch:

renegaderacer

« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2012, 10:35 PM »
I always like experimenting with things so I thought I'd try and put some graphics on the pads.   ;)

Now, the only pad that's arrived so far if the stem pad so that'll be the first one.  :daumenhoch:

I've knocked up a couple of t-shirts for mates in the past and had some of that paper left over that you print your design onto, then iron it onto your item of clothing. I knocked up a quick design at work then printed it on the paper.

I must stress, these aren't meant to be really great designs; my pads I'm having done have the really good design on. These are just to pass the time!  :LolLolLolLol:

It all went smoothly and ironed on fine, unfortunately the blue pad isn't the best colour to put these iron-on prints onto and it didn't show up that well.  :( It's meant to be a red design with yellow outline on a blue background but it looks more muddy!  ;D Never mind, they were only meant to be temporary anyway. Maybe it'll look better in the light of day?

The frame and handlebar pad are red so maybe the blue design I have for them will be clearer? Anyway, here's some pics so you know what NOT to do!  :LolLolLolLol:

It was hard to get a picture without the flash shining off the pad too much. It looks a bit grainy in the pics but that's just the photo. The colour is solid but just doesn't stand out that well. A white pad would've been fine (but wouldn't have suited my colour co-ordinating!).

It doesn't look any better the further away you get.......... :LolLolLolLol:

and even further....... ;D

It was worth a giggle but I think I'll leave it to the pro's in the future!  :daumenhoch:

Jaypeg

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2012, 10:55 PM »
I always like experimenting with things so I thought I'd try and put some graphics on the pads.   ;)

Now, the only pad that's arrived so far if the stem pad so that'll be the first one.  :daumenhoch:

I've knocked up a couple of t-shirts for mates in the past and had some of that paper left over that you print your design onto, then iron it onto your item of clothing. I knocked up a quick design at work then printed it on the paper.

I must stress, these aren't meant to be really great designs; my pads I'm having done have the really good design on. These are just to pass the time!  :LolLolLolLol:

It all went smoothly and ironed on fine, unfortunately the blue pad isn't the best colour to put these iron-on prints onto and it didn't show up that well.  :( It's meant to be a red design with yellow outline on a blue background but it looks more muddy!  ;D Never mind, they were only meant to be temporary anyway. Maybe it'll look better in the light of day?

The frame and handlebar pad are red so maybe the blue design I have for them will be clearer? Anyway, here's some pics so you know what NOT to do!  :LolLolLolLol:

It was hard to get a picture without the flash shining off the pad too much. It looks a bit grainy in the pics but that's just the photo. The colour is solid but just doesn't stand out that well. A white pad would've been fine (but wouldn't have suited my colour co-ordinating!).

It doesn't look any better the further away you get.......... :LolLolLolLol:

and even further....... ;D

It was worth a giggle but I think I'll leave it to the pro's in the future!  :daumenhoch:
Nothing ventured and all that ...:)

dp and Chopper Dude

Try here for a set of custom pads: http://www.esemdesign.co.uk/#/custom-pads/4540130883
Firebird on here does them. It might be worth giving him a shout to see what he can do?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Falcon Pro Aero Flyer (UPDATE: Photographic Evidence; It Works!)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx