gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 06:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  To the person who bought.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: To the person who bought.....  (Read 14246 times)

griff

Re: To the person who bought.....
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Interesting thread ..................... Plenty folk who have posted in this thread do exactly the same  :)

Plenty of room in the wicker man  ;D
Pooch, you'd better get some kindling ready

baldbmxer

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 11:39 AM »
I've sold a hutch loaded to the eyeballs, only to see it spread across the forums and eBay within a day, all at hugely inflated prices and getting away with it. I estimate £1200-£1500 was made on it, a proper kick in the sweets.

You did sell to a known 'broker' though  ::) 

Not me BTW!

ozone

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 11:50 AM »
Not sure there's anyway around this problem unless you only to sell to mates or put the stuff on eBay yourself.  Once the item has been sold it's up to it's new owner what he does with it after that.

Not saying I agree with the guy in question's morals but it's hardly a new problem.

Same with selling complete bikes.  Everyone knows they're worth a fair bit more when split - if you don't want to do this, that's your call but it's entirely at the discretion of the new owner what he does with his purchase...   :angel:

SOUTHBANK BOY

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 11:57 AM »
That why I don't but or sell on here no more
Or buy a tag:) rad not the same as it was:(

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 12:05 PM »

Don't be so silly, this has been happening since we were on the original blue site, it is not a new problem just new faces doing the same sh*t as the years before.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 12:13 PM »
Not sure there's anyway around this problem unless you only to sell to mates or put the stuff on eBay yourself.  Once the item has been sold it's up to it's new owner what he does with it after that.

Not saying I agree with the guy in question's morals but it's hardly a new problem.

Same with selling complete bikes.  Everyone knows they're worth a fair bit more when split - if you don't want to do this, that's your call but it's entirely at the discretion of the new owner what he does with his purchase...   :angel:

Totally agree to a point  :daumenhoch:

Think the issue here as much as anything was the time scale involved and more to the point the guy knocked Steve down in price saying he needed it to complete a build and then within a few hours it was on ebay  ::)  >:(

The guy does have history though ....... Carl and Andy sussed him months ago over the MX1000's  ;). Maybe we should have a for sale price for genuine RADsters and one for 'freestyle BMX' / 'back in the day ' / speight etc etc .

example

Dia Compe MX1000 in Red

Genuine RADster price £ 75
'Freestyle BMX' price  £175    :D ;)

If were all totally honest everyone of us has made money on sales and lost money on some too  :D .

For example ..

If you wanted a set of 901's in Blue that were up for £90 and you had some in Red that you had bought for £35 what are you meant to do ... sell yours for £35 because its the 'done thing' or sell yours for £90 to fund the Blue set because that is the 'going rate' :-\

See Steve I told you in the thread i could have stretched to £20 in installments  ::)  ;D
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2012, 12:16 PM »
I honestly cannot see any problem here, yes I understand the timescale part, but if I pay somebody money for an item (whether it is BMX or other), then once I pay for it that item is mine to do with it how I see fit.

If somebody does as the buyer did then in the future don't buy or sell to him, simple as that really.

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2012, 12:52 PM »

Don't be so silly, this has been happening since we were on the original blue site, it is not a new problem just new faces doing the same sh*t as the years before.
But not in Flared trousers this time  around ;)
Griff loves BUM..

griff

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2012, 12:56 PM »

I don't know how it was all those years ago, but nearly everyone I've dealt with or met via Rad since I joined has been a good egg

Never paid towards the upkeep of any other site, but considering the effort that goes into keeping it running (without spam) and the fact that MK is put on as a free event for anyone to attend it's pretty good value - even if it does fall over a bit  ;D

Agree with Sean et al that if someone buys something at a price the seller is happy with then it's their property to do with as they see fit, seller can always say no to an offer or put a listing on abay themselves if they want to risk it.
There are people who will cut a fellow radster a nice deal - I've had stuff cheap and sometimes even FREE and it's nice to think that this is reciprocated sometimes. Jai's stall at MK last year is a perfect example of this, even though he sells to anyone whether they support the site or not

nos

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2012, 01:06 PM »
Maybe peeps should sell to only people that are going to use the item on a build.  :idiot2:

Isn't going to happen is it. He paid his money , he made his choice. He can do what he wants with it. He has to pay the fees and get off his ass to post it. Whats wrong with earning a few quid?

It does make me mad when i look at old posts on here and see what people bought a few years back and now see what they sell for. There is no morals. Everyone is on the take wether you like it or not.

My little tenpenceworth. :D

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18 PM »

::)  Sad imo

There's loads of genuine top lads on here and good deals happen all the time  :daumenhoch:

I take it you won't be going to MK either  ???  as that is partly what your site supporter tag pays for ! . MK is a free event afterall .

From a personal point of view i have never had an issue with any sale or with anything i have bought , speaks volumes surely .
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

nos

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Why should there be morals involved? Nether knew each other personally.

Problem here is that the two parties involved in the transaction had two separate agenda's. One was looking to sell a part and the other to profit. Should he just hand over half of the profit then?

Would you show any morals if you found a Haro Gen 1 on ebay for a £10 buy it now listed by a naive seller? EXACTLY. :daumenhoch:

No one got hurt and the seller got paid. Job done.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2012, 01:20 PM »
He obviously feels as if he’s done wrong by changing his user name and if he did give the “I need it for a build” story then that is out of order to sell it a day or so later

However its now his and can do what he wants with it, yes “we” are a community and we do sell something’s at mates rates but people now know who he is and its there choice if they sell to him.

I’ve had situations where I’ve stuck things on Ebay because I didn’t know the going rate and they’ve gone way past what I paid for them and I know that situation is different to what’s happened here and by the same token I’ve also given stuff away and been given stuff because that’s what you do with your mates just like when we were kids we swapped stuff.

He’s been caught out (again) so he knows his card is marked  :police:

There are people on here that also try the same trick but I just don’t buy off em….. :police:

Have you ever tried to sell to Spen FFS not only to you end up giving him the stuff for free but it also costs you at least £20 to walk away…….and then you’ll end up buying something off him………………….its like going to see Albert Arkwright in open all hours !!!!!! :uglystupid2:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

griff

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2012, 01:22 PM »

"Pretty good value"  ::) - oustanding value more like  ;)

you're right brucey - didn't want to big you up too much though or you might get complacent   :LolLolLolLol:
I didn't even mention Ed's special boardroom 'extras', but tbh I think they are also issued to people without tags

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2012, 01:23 PM »
What's wrong with earning a few extra quid???

Bollocks....go and get a decent job or work an hours overtime if you need an extra few quid. Don't make a few extra quid at another members expense.

It's about morals....and the lack of them.

It's wrong when biaggio rapes MK and then puts it all on another website for profit and it's wrong when a member does it on here. No difference in my eyes.

nos

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2012, 01:24 PM »
He obviously feels as if he’s done wrong by changing his user name and if he did give the “I need it for a build” story then that is out of order to sell it a day or so later

However its now his and can do what he wants with it, yes “we” are a community and we do sell something’s at mates rates but people now know who he is and its there choice if they sell to him.

I’ve had situations where I’ve stuck things on Ebay because I didn’t know the going rate and they’ve gone way past what I paid for them and I know that situation is different to what’s happened here and by the same token I’ve also given stuff away and been given stuff because that’s what you do with your mates just like when we were kids we swapped stuff.

He’s been caught out (again) so he knows his card is marked  :police:

There are people on here that also try the same trick but I just don’t buy off em….. :police:

Have you ever tried to sell to Spen FFS not only to you end up giving him the stuff for free but it also costs you at least £20 to walk away…….and then you’ll end up buying something off him………………….its like going to see Albert Arkwright in open all hours !!!!!! :uglystupid2:

No such thing as a bmx community. Just wont happen when you are dealing with money and expensive items that fluctuate in price.

If its a community then maybe someone would spare me a set of Aerospeeds for a few months. I would give them back i promise.

griff

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2012, 01:26 PM »

No such thing as a bmx community.

I disagree

maybe you would too if you contributed more than 34 posts and came to some of the Rad meets..

:angel:

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 01:29 PM »
And to clarify, the buyer didn't say it was for one of his builds. I just presumed it was as we are on old school BMX website that has a community of builders and collectors.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2012, 01:29 PM »
fooking care in the community more like  ;D   ;)

nos

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2012, 01:31 PM »
What's wrong with earning a few extra quid???

Bollocks....go and get a decent job or work an hours overtime if you need an extra few quid. Don't make a few extra quid at another members expense.

It's about morals....and the lack of them.

It's wrong when biaggio rapes MK and then puts it all on another website for profit and it's wrong when a member does it on here. No difference in my eyes.

I would suggest that you inflate your parts by 25% when you sell them on here. You wont get stung then. Being a community member bit you on the ass my old mate.

Honestly i wouldn't worry about it. You got your money. If he conned you by telling you it was for a build then that is sneaky and that may be his downfall.

nos

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2012, 01:32 PM »

I disagree

maybe you would too if you contributed more than 34 posts and came to some of the Rad meets..

:LolLolLolLol:  If only you knew.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2012, 01:32 PM »
No such thing as a bmx community. Just wont happen when you are dealing with money and expensive items that fluctuate in price.

If its a community then maybe someone would spare me a set of Aerospeeds for a few months. I would give them back i promise.

Missed the point…..  :-\

I mean picking parts up for people because your in the area and dropping them off at the next meet up

Going round to some ones house to help them lace up a wheel because they want to finish a build

I know of people who have lent expensive stuff to others until they find there own.

When I first started racing Moley use to lend me his spare bike (a sweet redline) and I only knew the guy via messages on here.

I’ve given people stuff not asking for a penny because I know that when I need something off someone the favor will come back.

Same as when I knackered my shoulder in two members off here sat with me in Blackpool A&E until the small hours of the morning……why because that’s what we do

I would lend most people on here anything and if they asked if I could pick something up and I was in the area I would.
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2012, 01:42 PM »
I think we've got a great community here on RAD. You only get out what you put in.  I've met some great people on here and was made to feel welcome from the start. The London rides are great fun and MK is a real highlight. We all feel passionately about BMX and that's why being stiffed by some members gets such a reaction.

Long live the RAD community  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:09 PM by Julian347 »

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Theres a factor in this hobby that will always leave the door ajar for major manipulation of costs and values. The main attraction of what we do is the process of sourcing, buying and building these bikes. Thats the reason that complete bikes dont sell, its like taking the fun out of it. Live by the rule that something is worth what somebody else will pay for it and if you want a huge audience and a big price, use ebay. If you want to circulate stuff in the community and help your brothers, its likely to fetch less money. This will always go on and in some cases its completely genuine that peoples plans change or as in my case in the last few years, i sold a chunk of my collection to pay for a website that is now up and running. My choice to do so and its money re invested into the scene in a round about way.

griff

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2012, 01:46 PM »

I disagree

maybe you would too if you weren't hiding behind a new user name..

:LolLolLolLol:  If only you knew.

enlighten us then
am guessing that you're not Joe, unless you're making grammatical errors on purpose to throw us off the scent

anyway thanks for the reply, am sure you'd be welcome at one of the upcoming nights even if all you want to do is sit by the side wearing a mask  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  To the person who bought.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx