gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 06:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  has anyone posted a bike to the US?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: has anyone posted a bike to the US?  (Read 350 times)

emerbmx

has anyone posted a bike to the US?
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Does anyone have any tips or advice on posting a complete bicycle to the US from the UK?
Any recommendations on courier service, tax duty, box size recommendations and price will be hugely appreciated.
I've had a quick look online, and the parameters and prices fluctuate loads - basically it looks like a mine field!
Anyone here any experience in this field, tips or tricks?
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:25 PM by emerbmx »

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: has anyone posted a bike to the US?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:06 PM »
I use Parcel2go. They offer the best value for money and choice on courier. I sent three completes to Cape Cod on the east coast and they were on US Soil within 24 hours and trackable all the way. Different options for different prices obviously.

emerbmx

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 02:39 PM »
Thanks Phippsio,
Great recommendation.
The prices differ dramatically on the size (with the same weight) which isn't surprising I guess.

By the way- I'm not sure if I mentioned it - but props to the Haro Collectors site. Quality features in there!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
I really enjoyed your piece on Shiners- top stuff! :)

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 02:42 PM »
Thanks Phippsio,
Great recommendation.
The prices differ dramatically on the size (with the same weight) which isn't surprising I guess.

By the way- I'm not sure if I mentioned it - but props to the Haro Collectors site. Quality features in there!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
I really enjoyed your piece on Shiners- top stuff! :)

Thanks a lot. We have tried to bring some new information and persopective to light which really is the only reason to do it now. The guys at Shiner played a big part in the early BMX days for the UK and continue to do so second time around with the release of their old stock as most appreciate. Thanks for the feedback, always welcome  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  has anyone posted a bike to the US?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx