gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 12:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Has anyone else noticed......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed......  (Read 355 times)

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
Has anyone else noticed......
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:04 PM »
....how much people on eBay.com are charging for shipping recently?  There was always one or two trying to fleece you, but half the stuff I'm looking at (stems, small stuff) is $45+ just for postage!  Has it gone silly over there all of a sudden?  Would have to be a serious bargain or last piece of the jigsaw before I pay that kind of money on a £30 item...
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: Has anyone else noticed......
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:52 PM »
Ebay have been fooking about with the shipping calculator and it is Miles out to the UK :wtf:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:56 PM »
think there going back to trying to make as much money on the postage to bulk up the pay of the item

most stuff is put under courier bulk items and then they can put there own amount in  ::)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 12:04 AM »
Postage charges have rocketed in the US with some sellers not even wanting to send out of the US anymore in case they calculate it wrong and lose lots of dollars  :(

If you message most on Ebay.com about shipping costs to the UK, they will state they will ship for a lot less than the calculator advertises at. Always good to talk to them buddy  :daumenhoch:

Some of the sellers that do not even advertise shipping to the UK will actually do it upon asking too  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 01:11 AM »
Postage charges have rocketed in the US with some sellers not even wanting to send out of the US anymore in case they calculate it wrong and lose lots of dollars  :(

If you message most on Ebay.com about shipping costs to the UK, they will state they will ship for a lot less than the calculator advertises at. Always good to talk to them buddy  :daumenhoch:

Some of the sellers that do not even advertise shipping to the UK will actually do it upon asking too  :coolsmiley:

Agreed

I ask and then point them to my feedback, I also explain that if the package is posted via a reputable firm I will accept responsibility for the parcel once it leaves the mainland US. They love that sh!t and go for it most of the time. The $44 is a set amount they click for a set parcel blah.

It really is worth your while sending them a little note explaining how credible you are as a buyer. You never know what'll happen.
I have sellers e-mailing me with stuff before it goes on the bay.com

Nick :daumenhoch:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Has anyone else noticed......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx