gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 11:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Bike ID??....Any Ideas??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bike ID??....Any Ideas??  (Read 1107 times)

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Bike ID??....Any Ideas??
« on: March 04, 2012, 06:50 PM »
Hiya lads,

I bought this bike as it had a couple of parts that i wanted, I dont really need any of the rest but wondered if i could find out any details for it.  The lad that i bought it from didnt know the make of the frame.....Its been painted in barbie pink...quite badly i have to say lol.  Its got huffy forks, a mongoose 36t chainwheel and 175mm 3 piece crank (presumably mongoose but the only markings are WY007 - 175), Its got a blue KMC chain, X-Rated seat, Diamond Back grips and a tektro rear brake which isnt cable up.  the rear dropouts on it look like they should have originally supported pegs owing to their shape so this would be the telltale sign of the frame.....i can only presume its just a low budget frame with custom parts??  Any ideas would be cool  8)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Bike ID??....Any Ideas??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:33 PM »
I know exactly what it is. Its a Huffy M80

Click the link in my sig to bmx museum and my old one is on there although mine was a cory nastazio signature edition, yours looks to have previously been blue, wshiich would make just an M80. 4130 frame but really thick tubing and weighs a ton, pretty much unbreakable though. I sold mine for £50 a couple of years ago

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:13 PM »

Click the link in my sig to bmx museum and my old one is on there although mine was a cory nastazio signature edition, yours looks to have previously been blue, wshiich would make just an M80. 4130 frame but really thick tubing and weighs a ton, pretty much unbreakable though. I sold mine for £50 a couple of years ago

Ah cool....thanks dude!!  Ive been routing around google images for days typing in all sorts of crazy alternatives about the dropouts to try and find the bike.  Well at least i can put a name to it now :) .  i clicked the link in your sig but its not there mate, there are 12 others but not this one, however....google images revealed it all when i typed in the name.  Nice one bud!!  Its pretty much no good to me know as i hadthe parts i needed and replaced them with other bits just to make it complete again.  i might see if anyone on the ol bay fancies a project??

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:15 PM »

Ah cool....thanks dude!!  Ive been routing around google images for days typing in all sorts of crazy alternatives about the dropouts to try and find the bike.  Well at least i can put a name to it now :) .  i clicked the link in your sig but its not there mate, there are 12 others but not this one, however....google images revealed it all when i typed in the name.  Nice one bud!!  Its pretty much no good to me know as i hadthe parts i needed and replaced them with other bits just to make it complete again.  i might see if anyone on the ol bay fancies a project??
here it is http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/huffy/39498

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Ah magic....cheers mate :) 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Bike ID??....Any Ideas??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx