gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 01:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  so near yet so far!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: so near yet so far!  (Read 2270 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: so near yet so far!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 11:53 PM »
i would say once it's through the gates the guys who work there will see it a different way - they don't like it when there goods/money is taken under there noses  :knuppel2: ;D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Daletsunami

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 09:43 AM »
You'll have to stand a bit taller bendy then and scare them off  :LolLolLolLol:

I overlook my local recycling centre as part of my job and whether the lads liked it or not if somebody asked another member of the public for something they were going to throw away before they actually did and they accepted there is nothing they can do  ;)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 09:55 AM »
As long as you ask the person who is throwing it away if you can have it before they pass it over then it's yours, the tip can't claim it until it's handed over  ;)

as soon as item has touched floor it is then classed as dump property  , i know someone that told me the rules  ;)
no1stuntmaster on instagram

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 10:09 AM »
I spent 4 years around the dumps - i was on the carboot scene and found out that they had bikes going to waste there - in one place a young lad said he couldn't sell me any bikes as they all went to Africa (miss a early GT) then after i keep going and asking he came round to know me and let me into the place and have my pick - that was a place that sold to the public
The one's that don't sell are the harder places to get into - i had to watch my back and do the rounds of letting them know i wasn't there to spie on them from head office - pete one of the site bosses was into his MTB's and so i got on with him - from there he gave the nod that i was alright and other sites could trust me - after years of getting good bits it started to change as the top bosses started to stop the back handers ~ the good bits were going to ebay and carboots and not the dump - it started getting less and the wolfs started coming out - bikes were starting to be hidden from me as they knew a bmx with mags was money  ::) stuff i was looking for was no longer being saved for me - at the same time cameras were going up and the little side line of copper and lead in the boot of the car was stopped as the cameras caught all - less money and the hold on parts got well tight - management wanted a new way of how these places were run - the old boys were getting kicked out and fresh blood come that ran things straight - i knew when to move on - i still go to a couple of places that sell out but the inner circle there still doesn't let the good stuff come out from the wraps and they all take it to the carboots themselves or on ebay

years ago money and back handers were king - now it's rules and keeping there job - camera's and paperwork are now common - scratching backs and helping the flow have now gone

ask retrogeezer/simon as i took over his patch on the recyclecentres and carboots - it's all changed now - too many people thinking they know every thing and the once quiet deals are now shouted about by people that have never taken the time to get into some thing and work there way up

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Daletsunami

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 10:29 AM »
Oh i'm not saying it's not harder to get them as like you say people have realised that the bikes go for a few quid on ebay and do it themselves rather than passing it on to a member of the public to reuse.

All I am saying is if the person hasn't thrown it away, i.e. taken it out of the boot and taken it to the skip, then you can have that conversation with them. The people at the site may try it on and say off you go as I know that happens where we are but if they haven't actually thrown it away how can they claim it?

The problem will come when the same person is hanging around asking people for their stuff all the time

As long as you ask the person who is throwing it away if you can have it before they pass it over then it's yours, the tip can't claim it until it's handed over  ;)

as soon as item has touched floor it is then classed as dump property  , i know someone that told me the rules  ;)

That is the case but if you can get there before hand then it's all good

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 10:32 AM »
That's a shame ...  :(

Id go back tonight and take all the good parts off it ...  :daumenhoch:

Behave!!!!  :knuppel2:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 12:27 PM »
do it onece and they will not let you do it again - that's all i will say  ;D

griff

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 12:55 PM »
I spent 4 years around the dumps - i was on the carboot scene and found out that they had bikes going to waste there - in one place a young lad said he couldn't sell me any bikes as they all went to Africa (miss a early GT) then after i keep going and asking he came round to know me and let me into the place and have my pick - that was a place that sold to the public
The one's that don't sell are the harder places to get into - i had to watch my back and do the rounds of letting them know i wasn't there to spie on them from head office - pete one of the site bosses was into his MTB's and so i got on with him - from there he gave the nod that i was alright and other sites could trust me - after years of getting good bits it started to change as the top bosses started to stop the back handers ~ the good bits were going to ebay and carboots and not the dump - it started getting less and the wolfs started coming out - bikes were starting to be hidden from me as they knew a bmx with mags was money  ::) stuff i was looking for was no longer being saved for me - at the same time cameras were going up and the little side line of copper and lead in the boot of the car was stopped as the cameras caught all - less money and the hold on parts got well tight - management wanted a new way of how these places were run - the old boys were getting kicked out and fresh blood come that ran things straight - i knew when to move on - i still go to a couple of places that sell out but the inner circle there still doesn't let the good stuff come out from the wraps and they all take it to the carboots themselves or on ebay

years ago money and back handers were king - now it's rules and keeping there job - camera's and paperwork are now common - scratching backs and helping the flow have now gone

ask retrogeezer/simon as i took over his patch on the recyclecentres and carboots - it's all changed now - too many people thinking they know every thing and the once quiet deals are now shouted about by people that have never taken the time to get into some thing and work there way up

cheers B  ;)

4 years at the dumps, all your hard work resulting in you finally being let into the 'inner circle' (only to have the evil new regime snatch it away)
Just throw in some love interest and a burner at the end and you have the perfect movie plot :daumenhoch:

I bet shane meadows could turn that into cinematic gold

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 03:15 PM »
I spent 4 years around the dumps,  that's why I really smell.   :-[

cheers B  ;)

I would have kept that quiet Bendy.  :shocked:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 04:31 PM »
I spent 4 years around the dumps,  that's why I really smell.   :-[

cheers B  ;)

I would have kept that quiet Bendy.  :shocked:
I always thought bendy stayed at the back of rides because he was fat.. Turns out he stinks.. :wtf:
Griff loves BUM..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  so near yet so far!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx