gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 01:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  GHP info needed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GHP info needed  (Read 399 times)

Max Out!

GHP info needed
« on: February 17, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Hey guys!

Picked this up on ebay a couple of weeks ago....  It's an '84 GHP.  Was listed as a Pro, but given the 18 1/2" tt, I'm not so sure.  As well as the Pro, was there a Standard model?

Also, thinking of colours.  The seller had stripped the chrome off ready for a repowder, but then left it.  Don't really want to go to the expense of a rechrome, so was thinking of a powder myself.  

Does anyone know what colours these came in?  Have seen them in a cherry red, red candy, white...  any ideas?

Cheers

Max

www.max-out.org.uk

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:12 PM by Max Out! »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: GHP info wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Great frameset Max  :coolsmiley:

in 84 most of the pro framesets were 18.5TT    GT ,HLT , Supergoose,Laserlite

R Al may be able to give the lowdown on the GHP colours of that period  :coolsmiley:

Max Out!

Re: GHP info needed
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Thought the price was good despite the condition (£150).  

Hear you about the short tt's..  This one just looks tiny though.  I think the seat stays (lying forward of the seat tube) make it look even shorter.  I was looking at some of them on the museum and some where described as having 19.5 tt's.  Could be Pro Longs/ XL's though I guess..  It's quite a weighty frameset to.  Similar weight to a modern frame.

Cheers

Max
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:19 PM by Max Out! »

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 12:52 PM »
the 84's came in red,white or chrome.that was a great buy,i was tempted myself but i already got one :smitten:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 02:38 PM »

My Sept 83 Pro is pretty much 18.5 centre to centre , they did'nt change anything for 84 as far as I know  ;) .

I had a special mix 2pk red done by SBD for my 24" , to match the OG paint on the steerer tube .
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:40 PM by Mattdub »

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 02:40 PM »

Nice score btw  :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 05:09 PM »
forgot to mention they also made a long too,i guess the top tube is 19 1/2 but yours IS a pro which was the standard size for ghp :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Max Out!

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Thanks guys, great info.....    :daumenhoch:

Matt your GHP looks amazing....  Think I will go for a red version.  There are a couple of reds (linked in my Bullseye thread).  One looks a little more orange.  Are they both correct colours for the GHP's?  I do like the darker 'candy' coloured red (on the cruiser).  What colour is this?  I am going to ask my bodyshop guy, although it may look better in a powder???

Any ideas which would be better to go for?

Cheers!    8)

Max

you-loze

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 09:14 PM »
That's a standard frame for early to mid 84 with the 18.5" top tube and only came in chrome & red. 19.5" tt version was called a long. Late 84 the standard became the pro 1 and the long became the pro 2 and were available in white as well as the chrome & red and can be indentified by the gusset under the head tube.
GHP's seem to be the only OS F&F sets that go down in value, probably because Greg Hill is the only BITD rider to blatantly try and rip off his old school following by selling them cheap taiwanese junk at premium prices.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  GHP info needed

gfxgfx
gfx gfx