gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay sale?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ebay sale?????  (Read 1567 times)

ugy76

Ebay sale?????
« on: February 18, 2012, 01:03 PM »
can anyone give me any advice? I sold a super Tuff Burner on Ebay last week and the buyer payed funds into my paypal account 3 days later, now ive sent mesages asking when they are coming to collect it but ive had no response, should i just refund them the money or what ??? i dont sell much on Ebay so i dont know what im meant to do ::)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
Re: Ebay sale?????
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 01:10 PM »
Wait a bit longer.....

Some people take a while to collect stuff  :-X

Or even respond to PM's/txt/emails/voice messages/Facebook Messages etc etc etc

;)

I even know someone who took six months to pick a F&F up from 6 miles down the road  :-[
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

ugy76

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:12 PM »
oh well i might get it out then  ;D

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:22 PM »
If it says pick up on your listing then you haven't got a problem. Just send him a message asking when he is likely to pick it up. After a month if he hasn't picked it up let him know you are going to relisted it in 2 weeks as you need the space. If he doesn't pick it up then re-sell it. But don't refund him. As he can't claim back after that time or leave you bad feedback. Send all messages via eBay so if there is any problems then eBay can see you have communicated with the buyer without any replies. He probably thinks the price he paid is with delivery to his doorstep. He has probably now read the listing and is thinking shit. I've got to pick this bike up from wherever. How the fook am I gonna do that!  There are a lot of dumb people out there you know!  :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 01:25 PM »
hes probably trying to find a few mates to help carry it and a truck to get it home tbh  :LolLolLolLol:

m1ke

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 01:26 PM »
hes probably trying to find a few mates to help carry it and a truck to get it home tbh  :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Maybe he's waiting for his balaclava that he also bought on eBay to turn up!  :2funny:

ugy76

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 01:34 PM »
So if he don't pick it up after a month then :wtf: I've bagged my self £255?   The listing said collection only and I live in Bolton and the buyer lives in Essex so the chance of me taking it down is  zero!

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 01:34 PM »
Is it a Mk1 or Mk 2  ???
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

DJL

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 01:35 PM »
i personally don't accept paypal payments on collections - theres no proof goods were collected (like you'd get with a pod on a delivery) so if the buyer were to open a chargeback against you you wouldn't have a leg to stand on........

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 01:36 PM »
Allow six weeks then the dosh is yours. Just pm him every week asking when he is going to collect.  :daumenhoch:

ugy76

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 01:39 PM »
It should have been cash on collection but they paid it into paypal! Is there something sinister going on here?

Rodgy1970

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Take a pic of him as proof of delivery when he collects it, might have to ask him to take the balaclava off though  :-\

DJL

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 01:50 PM »
or get a signed receipt.....

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 02:27 PM »
what DJL said, write a receipt out and get them to sign it, maybe do 2 copies so you can have one each..send them a message asking about collection, if he doesnt reply thats his problem mate, not yours..good luck mate.

ugy76

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 02:56 PM »
It's a mk1, I've sent 2 messages I will just send 1 a week, then its Tuff Titties  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 03:16 PM »
I had some one buy a racer bike - they paid £70 for it and £15 for a courier - i sent it and it came back as they couldn't find the place - the guy said it was above a estate agent - they went back and sill couldn't find it - int the end i said i would drop it off as it wasn't to far away and only 30mins and sorry for the mess up - i never heard a thing back ? ebay said i could keep the money after so long (just check) and so i did and the bike - win win  >:D

i'm sure there must be a reason for not answering - no Internet - family emergency - ?

just give it a bit of time - you have his money and have sent a meesage - that's all you can do for the mo  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

ozone

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 04:22 PM »
It's a mk1, I've sent 2 messages I will just send 1 a week, then its Tuff Titties  :LolLolLolLol:

You can ask for his contact info on the My eBay page and call him if it's bothering you that much...

dan-dare

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 04:29 PM »

ugy76

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 08:15 PM »
I feel bad now she sent me a message saying her son had been for an operation, that's why she didn't contact me  :-\

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 10:41 PM »
don't feel bad, as you still have the bike - you are willing to send it or pick up - you have asked us about it - you haven't taken the money and sold the bmx to some one else

yes you have done it all right and nothing wrong - just tell her it's here till she picks it up - saw that you can give her three weeks, but it must be picked up after that or she will not be able to get a refund
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

The Burner King

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 10:42 PM »

LOL!! Ain't seen that for a while - classic  ;D

ugy76

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 03:17 PM »
Cheers guys I will just wait to her from her, been on it today with my 5 yr old feels dinky, hope my Torker feels a bit better to ride than the Burner  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay sale?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx