gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 08:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tange H/set question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tange H/set question  (Read 564 times)

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Tange H/set question
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Hi there,

The story goes like this.......... about 18months ago i got a red annodised tange h/set off the bay(NOS), when i opened the box & wrapping i found that over the yr's it had faded to looking a tad pinkish :(  Recently i stripped it with the oven cleaner along with me DC hinged clamp, took them to a local anno company this morn & realised the tange cups where the bearings sit is steel :tickedoff:

So the question is.....whats the best way to prize them out? As i'm guessing when they were made back in the 80's they were anno'd then steel inserts for bearing mating face were either pressed in or glued. I was thinking some kinda heat gun treatment on them might do the trick :-\

I'll post some pic's up later today ;)

Any idea's chap's would be greatly appreciated :daumenhoch:

Superkav

Re: Tange H/set question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 12:33 AM »
Not sure if this will help but I also had a Tange headset which I de-anno'd but once it was bare metal I enamelled it. You can get loads of colours, prep it, spray it (enamel rattle can) and cure it in the oven. Looked pukka but it's long gone so no pics I'm afraid.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tange H/set question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx