gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 10:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Nitromors - Pony
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nitromors - Pony  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Nitromors - Pony
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:17 PM »
Had a Streetbeat painted not powdered by Dan about 3 years ago but didn't have original forks for it  :-[ Scored a set on the Bay and have decided to strip the bugger and something a bit different.
Trouble is Nitromors just doesn't seem to cut it nowadays  :tickedoff: Wots everyone using to strip frames nowadays ???

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks lads  :daumenhoch:
Al

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Nitromors - Pony
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:21 PM »
If Dans doing the new paint job I wouldn't of bothered, just let Dan do it  :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:48 PM »
new stuff is ultra shite  :2gunsfiring_v1:

the spray stuff is even worse  :tickedoff:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 03:56 PM »
new stuff is ultra shite 

Yep - found the cheapy £2 a tin stuff works better. If it's a SBD powder job, napalm won't shift it - only SBD can  :daumenhoch:
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 04:03 PM »
If Dans doing the new paint job I wouldn't of bothered, just let Dan do it  :daumenhoch:

Yup going back to dan for the new job...soon as i can find the paint code from Porsche for the colour  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 04:16 PM »
Its like anything,aint what you got but what ya do with it!dont expect it to be instant!!throw it on and leave for 5 minutes then re apply.I find nitromors shifts most powdercoat and paint! :daumenhoch:but youve no probs as its going to Dan ;)

ozone

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Had a Streetbeat painted not powdered by Dan about 3 years ago but didn't have original forks for it  :-[ Scored a set on the Bay and have decided to strip the bugger and something a bit different.
Trouble is Nitromors just doesn't seem to cut it nowadays  :tickedoff: Wots everyone using to strip frames nowadays ???

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks lads  :daumenhoch:
Al

They've taken out the really nasty chemicals for health and safety reason and rendered it useless.  I went to a quiet hardware shop to see if the guy had some old stock of proper paint stripper and luckily for me he did.  Maybe he will start selling it under the counter at an inflated price after I told him the craic...

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 02:55 PM »
After your last expedition in to world of BMX restoration with your CW this could be interesting  :LolLolLolLol:

Actually Phil Sawzall and myself went in to Owen Cycles in Petersfield last Saturday for a mooch about and one of the kids behind the counter showed us your bike on his phone as you'd had headset problems, he was telling us about your coke can shim.  :coolsmiley:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 03:04 PM »
After your last expedition in to world of BMX restoration with your CW this could be interesting  :LolLolLolLol:

Actually Phil Sawzall and myself went in to Owen Cycles in Petersfield last Saturday for a mooch about and one of the kids behind the counter showed us your bike on his phone as you'd had headset problems, he was telling us about your coke can shim.  :coolsmiley:

No Chroming this time around Andy  :LolLolLolLol:
Still got headset problems with that fookin CW   >:(  Nice lads there in OWen Cycles and have helped me out no end  :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Al i use starchem-paint-stripper

it's awsome and will remove 99% of any paint systems, well worth the £20 outlay just to

keep in the garage for general stripping :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 11:13 PM »
Al i use starchem-paint-stripper

it's awsome and will remove 99% of any paint systems, well worth the £20 outlay just to

keep in the garage for general stripping :daumenhoch:

not worth the buzz you get   :buck2: :buck2::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Nitromors - Pony

gfxgfx
gfx gfx