gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 03:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mk2 Dirtbike build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mk2 Dirtbike build  (Read 8249 times)

Leatherman

Re: Mk2 Dirtbike build
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 10:15 PM »
I got this one on the weekend for what i thought was cheap.

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 10:36 PM »
Fraz - if I'd have known you did them decals by eye, I wouldn't just have taken em all off the frame......too late though now :( They were fookin good for eyeing up - there were small differences, but pretty much spot on  :daumenhoch:

Betty - Paul's sound as you like - when I got the frame & forks found out that the forks steerer had seperated from the legs and the AD lugs were fooked - messaged him on t'Bay as was just gonna send it back (I know - but wanted it as a rider) and he refunded me....the lot. Can't thank him enough, and if you can think of owt Paul would like fella that I could send to him lmk :)

Just of interest though - stripped the frame down now (tut, tut whoever painted it blue - you didn't strip all the yellow off first ;) ). Now having looked at it in the raw, it's an earlyish MK2 - the AD lugs and pass through hole where added at a later date, so am going to restore back to AD-lugless :)

Danny, Paul wouldn't have known, i don't think it was ever fully built up? (if it was it was only to hang up in the shop) he wouldn't deliberately mislead anyone...  :daumenhoch:

Fraz, i looked at the pics of the blue frame and mine hats off to ya, i wouldn't have known unless i saw em side by side till you pointed it out..  :daumenhoch:

2 minutes turkish...

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 10:45 PM »
Totally agree fella - Paul deffo a top bloke, and completley agree he didn't realise about the forks/lugs - like I said though fella, if you can think of owt I could send him to say ta let me know  :daumenhoch:

Don - that's a peach  :4_17_5:

And Betty - sorry to derail yer thread :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2012, 10:46 PM »
I got this one on the weekend for what i thought was cheap.

Nice...  :daumenhoch:

Dirtbike?

Haven't you got enough of em?...  ;D

2 minutes turkish...

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 10:47 PM »
Totally agree fella - Paul deffo a top bloke, and completley agree he didn't realise about the forks/lugs - like I said though fella, if you can think of owt I could send him to say ta let me know  :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch:

2 minutes turkish...

firebird4130

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2012, 10:49 PM »
Fraz - if I'd have known you did them decals by eye, I wouldn't just have taken em all off the frame......too late though now :( They were fookin good for eyeing up - there were small differences, but pretty much spot on  :daumenhoch:

Betty - Paul's sound as you like - when I got the frame & forks found out that the forks steerer had seperated from the legs and the AD lugs were fooked - messaged him on t'Bay as was just gonna send it back (I know - but wanted it as a rider) and he refunded me....the lot. Can't thank him enough, and if you can think of owt Paul would like fella that I could send to him lmk :)

Just of interest though - stripped the frame down now (tut, tut whoever painted it blue - you didn't strip all the yellow off first ;) ). Now having looked at it in the raw, it's an earlyish MK2 - the AD lugs and pass through hole where added at a later date, so am going to restore back to AD-lugless :)

Danny, Paul wouldn't have known, i don't think it was ever fully built up? (if it was it was only to hang up in the shop) he wouldn't deliberately mislead anyone...  :daumenhoch:

Fraz, i looked at the pics of the blue frame and mine hats off to ya, i wouldn't have known unless i saw em side by side till you pointed it out..  :daumenhoch:

cheers dude, yeah I never set it up either, something else turned up and off it went, the lugs were a bit of a mystery as they were shoddily welded but had original powder on  :-\

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2012, 12:43 AM »
i was only joking mark,you just owe me a couple more stellas at MK this year. :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2012, 08:12 AM »

It got used that one, MK winner,

trails too

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

thecaptain

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Bof: SNAP!  :daumenhoch:

I totally cant remember where mine came from  :crazy2:  but it might be the same one

yo alex, wasnt that mine? either sold or swapped as I bought it from ebay originally

SaMAlex

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2012, 11:14 AM »
I totally cant remember where mine came from  :crazy2:  but it might be the same one
yo alex, wasnt that mine? either sold or swapped as I bought it from ebay originally

Yep, it all came back to me last night. The yellow (now blue) one was mine and I swapped it for your purple SYM one.  :daumenhoch:

thecaptain

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2012, 11:27 AM »

Yep, it all came back to me last night. The yellow (now blue) one was mine and I swapped it for your purple SYM one.  :daumenhoch:
haha, these S&M's are literally the village bicycles

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 11:31 AM »
The blue one's coming back.....................in bits  >:D

whatquid

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2012, 12:42 PM »
class... did them things snap off or was that a mod... :D

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2012, 12:45 PM »
Cut em off - it had had lugs added (badly) at some point :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mk2 Dirtbike build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx