gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can these bars be straightened??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can these bars be straightened??  (Read 1033 times)

hooga1975

Can these bars be straightened??
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:18 PM »
I have a set of mid school GT cruiser bars that are bent.

Can these be saved?  If they are straightened will it make them week in that spot?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Can these bars be straightened??
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:24 PM »
Straighten em but dont ever ride them again :(
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:31 PM »
You will need to heat em to get em straight without snapping maybe and then they are going to be weak as... Try and find another pair mate if its for a rider.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 09:38 PM »
wouldn't like to think if they snapped - and you hand slips and your chin hits the sharp bear metal and slices through to the bone, just as you fall forwards and land on you wrist snapping it with white pain running through your body, and just as you tried to cross a road in front of a bus - but cos of the bar you don't make it and the bus running over your legs and people hear a scream like nothing before  ??? :shocked:

bus you coul give em a try  ;)

but i wouldn't  :shocked:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

hooga1975

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:59 PM »
wouldn't like to think if they snapped - and you hand slips and your chin hits the sharp bear metal and slices through to the bone, just as you fall forwards and land on you wrist snapping it with white pain running through your body, and just as you tried to cross a road in front of a bus - but cos of the bar you don't make it and the bus running over your legs and people hear a scream like nothing before  ??? :shocked:

So I take it that it is not a good idea then :LolLolLolLol:
Would they be ok to ride as they are for the time being?

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 10:14 PM »

Fooking hell, now I am very scared.  That description reminds me of the old films we used to get in school about the dangers of playing around farm equipment  :LolLolLolLol:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 01:59 AM »

So I take it that it is not a good idea then :LolLolLolLol:
Would they be ok to ride as they are for the time being?

Well..... :shocked:

prob can but i would just find some new one's and live a long happy life  :angel:

/>
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

1mancity2

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 07:57 AM »
When I was 12 my bars snapped, (old viceroy) and my left hand slipped along the snapped part, little finger and next finger cut right to the bone, ran home with the ends of my fingers hanging off, luckly they saved them (still have the scars).

So on don't ride em!!!

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 09:36 AM »
see he nearly lost his life  :shocked: 

those bars are like a serial killer - you just don't know if you are going to be next  :shocked:

destroy them  ??? now  :shocked: do it

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can these bars be straightened??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx