gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Nitto/Kuwahara NEW Seat Posts 22.2 from Japan
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nitto/Kuwahara NEW Seat Posts 22.2 from Japan  (Read 908 times)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Nitto/Kuwahara NEW Seat Posts 22.2 from Japan
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Hi
Probably one for the Kuwi experts.
Seen these on ebay. I take it they are NEW Nitto Seat Posts in Old School 22.2 size? I'm guessing they are not fakes because of the stamping at base. Look really nice Seat Posts at not a bad price.
Your thoughts please as to whether they are worth a purchase?   :-\
Cheers :daumenhoch:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitto-CroMo-Straight-Seatpost-22-2-7-8-Old-School-BMX-Kuwahara-Chrome-/180810726956?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1928be2c
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:37 PM by BMX1973 »

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Nitto/Kuwahara NEW Seat Posts 22.2 from Japan
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 05:39 PM »
They look good.

Not pretending to be something they're not which makes a change too.

MickRich393

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:09 AM »
I've seen these (and the coloured ones) in the flesh, as I live in Japan, and they look very nice!  The main, old school bmx shops are selling the chrome ones for about 22 quid, so that's not far off the ones on eBay.  Maybe I'll bring back a few the next time I'm over!  ;D

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 09:39 PM »

Just got an email back from the guy who's selling them on ebay.

He says they are NEW and made by the original Nitto factory in Japan. They were made in small quantities last year. The metal work is now 1.2mm thick instead of 1.0mm to acomodate the heavier riders on old school bikes.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 09:47 PM »
I've seen these (and the coloured ones) in the flesh, as I live in Japan, and they look very nice!  The main, old school bmx shops are selling the chrome ones for about 22 quid, so that's not far off the ones on eBay.  Maybe I'll bring back a few the next time I'm over!  ;D
I would defo be interested in a Gold one buddy if you can post it from over there  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 09:49 PM »

Just got an email back from the guy who's selling them on ebay.

He says they are NEW and made by the original Nitto factory in Japan. They were made in small quantities last year. The metal work is now 1.2mm thick instead of 1.0mm to acomodate the heavier riders on old school bikes.
I spoke to them too via email after my mate pointed me to these. I have ordered one and a set of their polished MKS BM-7 pedals too so will let you know what they are like when they land  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 06:13 PM »
Post up a reply when you get them as to what they are like.
Just had a look at those repro MKS BM7 pedals. They do look good, ideal parts for riders.
Cheers  :daumenhoch:

[/quote]I spoke to them too via email after my mate pointed me to these. I have ordered one and a set of their polished MKS BM-7 pedals too so will let you know what they are like when they land  :daumenhoch:
[/quote]

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 07:13 PM »
The guy moonster is a member on here, one post which was putting his Kuwahara Cruiser is in the museum, very nice it is too. :coolsmiley:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=1850.50

monkian

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 07:34 PM »
I've had a bit of a look at the new MKS BM7's 8) :daumenhoch:
Virtually identical to the originals except a different font / stamp on the cages and all colours seem to have chrome caps & axles where I think the original were black (not sure about the OG chrome set).
£45 would probably land you a decent OG set but can't argue though MKS make some quality gear and not always that easy to find 8)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 01:37 AM »
I did querie regarding Nitto alloy posts too, and got this from him

re: Alloy seat posts, the Nitto engineers told me they are worried that us "heavy" collectors (and by the that they mean Americans and Europeans) will break them so they are reluctant to remake any alloy ones  :'(

So don't hold out any hope for them as yet  :-\
BANNED

MickRich393

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 06:41 AM »

re: Alloy seat posts, the Nitto engineers told me they are worried that us "heavy" collectors (and by the that they mean Americans and Europeans) will break them so they are reluctant to remake any alloy ones  :'(

That's funny!   ;D

Has your seatpost landed yet, as I'd be interested to know how you rate them (because I want one!)??  :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 11:27 AM »
me too  :)
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Have you got the post and ped's yet?  :-\ What are they like?  :)

[/quote]I spoke to them too via email after my mate pointed me to these. I have ordered one and a set of their polished MKS BM-7 pedals too so will let you know what they are like when they land  :daumenhoch:
[/quote]

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 01:08 PM »
Post and Peds turned up yesterday guys. Was waiting for new stock of the Nitto posts to get them shipped together, sorry  :-[  :P

Here is a pic of the post and the pedals  :daumenhoch:  

Post:- Is awesome. Thicker than the originals I thick, due to the fat asses that will be generally sitting on them  :LolLolLolLol: , but not sure as never had one. Anyone have an original to compare??  Stamping is all in place and really really nice finish overall  :daumenhoch:

Pedals:- Apart from the chrome dust sheild and the silver coloured spindle/axles, these are bang on to the original BM-7 pedals. Awesome  :daumenhoch:

Hope that helps you decide either way guys  :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:13 PM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 04:27 PM »
thanks for posting pic, they do look good quality.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Nitto/Kuwahara NEW Seat Posts 22.2 from Japan

gfxgfx
gfx gfx