gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bestwick getting a little bit of air. On the Corby vert ramp yesterday.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bestwick getting a little bit of air. On the Corby vert ramp yesterday.  (Read 3715 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
He is also restoring a trickstar. As it was one of his favourite rides from back in the day. I wonder what that will look like?  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Jamie B... "An old schooler who drops mathematics like a ruler"

:4_17_5:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
he had a white trickstar.
i've got pics of it in an old midschool magazine i got here.

deffo would have been a treat to have seen him ride.
anyway why aint he a member on here  :coolsmiley:
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
The trickstar he is restoring is white.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
If you look on my Facebook page you can see the rest of the set that this picture was stolen from  :P

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
If you look on my Facebook page you can see the rest of the set that this picture was stolen from  :P

Daz.

Can You put some pics up here? Not all of Us do the Facebook thang!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:

Daz.

Can You put some pics up here? Not all of Us do the Facebook thang!

I stopped doing it mate because last time I posted a shed load of pictures up hardly anyone took the time to say thanks!

Anyway, here ya' go. Difficult conditions as the lighting at Corby is sh*te, couldn't set up a flash off camera and I didn't want to use a flash on camera for fear of blinding riders while in the air. So I was trying to control everything through ISO and shutter speed which was a difficult balancing act. These are unedited and the same selection I grabbed to throw up on Facebook. At some point I'll smarten them up and put up a new gallery...when I've got the time.

Enjoy!

Paul Meacher

Jon Barnett

Jamie Bestwick

Meacher again..

Ronnie Surridge
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
They are Sweet pics indeed Daz :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

I stopped doing it mate because last time I posted a shed load of pictures up hardly anyone took the time to say thanks!

"Thanks"  :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:

"Thanks"  :daumenhoch:

By the way Al...Mickey Hudson turned up out of the blue, first time I've seen him since Southsea in 93/94 I reckon. Have you seen owt of James down your way? I s he still around or has he gone back to Sweden??

Daz.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
cool pics daz.
wish i'd been there mucka.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
cool pics daz.
wish i'd been there mucka.

Like most sports when you see it on the TV you don't truly appreciate how good they are until you see it up close. JB was in second gear too, just a steady play about to be fair. He wasn't pushing himself like he would for a comp. The speed he has to ride in at to generate the amount of pump to get that high is just insane, 15' airs on his second air, on a 14' vert ramp, mind blowing! Having said all that, Meacher was going big too, he was topping 15' on some of his airs, smooth as silk as well, just awesome to watch. I just wish I'd took a flash and a stand to set up and get more pictures. But I was more interested in watching the riding.

Daz.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
"Thanks"

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Oh, here we go, cue a round of sarcastic "thanks".  :yahoo_silent:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
You set 'em up - we'll knock 'em down!

Nice photos Daz, sad I missed the session.

Did you have a roll about?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:

Did you have a roll about?

No mate, no bike with me. It was all a bit rushed and when we got there it was like a cue to get in to a rock concert. Obviously word got round about who was there as well as the usual busy Saturday traffic. They wouldn't let us in to start with so a couple of phone calls and JB came out and took us inside, bless him. Cool day. Awesome to see...he considers that vert ramp slow too - lol! It probably is in comparison to Woodward and the Dew Tour and X-Games ramps but fook me he goes high. Even on that 'slow' ramp. He's on a completely different level.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Great Pictures, Cheers for putting them up  :daumenhoch: Looks like Everybody went off, Paul Meacher in that 1st pic is pretty big!!!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
I'm firmly of the opinion that ramp has too much flat bottom in it. That might account for the speed. It's definitely odd.

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Stolen pic.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Stolen pic.  :LolLolLolLol:

Technically it was as there was no credit for where the picture came from  :LolLolLolLol:

jeff spicoli

This will be the best year for a long time on the vert as Bestwick has some serious competition at last.  Steve McCann has a very similar style and some new tricks too. I hope Bestwick rises to the challenge.

paddy2

he still loves his marlboro tho he got shipped over to the states by a member on here which was his 1st bike,know he has a skyway resto project lined up as well as saw it in his mum and dads garage when went round sunday morning before he left ;D  ;D

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
thanks Daz, fookin great pics, as a vert rider myself ;D I can fully appreciate how much skill these guys have..just awesome :coolsmiley:

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
i can see head , sholuders and a hand..wheres the bike ?

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
he seems to have upset a fair few of our american cousins a while ago with his
comments about him versus hoffman and the credit he feels he's due for
progressing what matt invented.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bestwick getting a little bit of air. On the Corby vert ramp yesterday.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx