gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my 1985 green master part 3 stripping the frame for powder.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Restoring my 1985 green master part 3 stripping the frame for powder.  (Read 755 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Well as you can see this frame was in a proper rusty state. Luckily it was all surface rust and the metal beneath was in tip top condition after several hours of rubbing down.  The paint was stripped using green nitromors. And the frame was prepped using a wire strip and clean wheel and several grades of rubbing down paper. You maybe able to notice this is the super rare early 85 master that doesnt have the grip area on the rear frame standers. This is only found on the march and early April models.  :)

Here are some pics to amuse you.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
it's like a strip tease  >:D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

and there's me thinking 3rd time lucky on finding the brake cables  ::)   :2funny: :2funny:    only messing Stu  :LolLolLolLol: i'll wait for another thread to come up  :2funny:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I'd be tempted to do a matte clearcoat at this stage, bit different...
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
The brake cables are in part 5 or was it 6?  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my 1985 green master part 3 stripping the frame for powder.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx