gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my green 1985 master part 6. The bits are back from sbd
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Restoring my green 1985 master part 6. The bits are back from sbd  (Read 783 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Welcome to part 6. This is the section where I'm going to go over the powder by super bike dan.
Once the bits were prepped up it was over to dan.

The frame and forks were done in neon green. The decals were purchased from ajk bikes.
Here is some pics after powder.  :smitten:

The bars and the seatpost were powdered white. With decals from del.  :smitten: and the pedals were powdered silver. These pedals are going to go on another build as I have a chrome set of shimano dx pedals to fit once they turn up :)

Part 7 will have the bike built up. I started yesterday and finished it today. It was bloody cold. Brr

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Restoring my green 1985 master part 6. The bits are back from sbd
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:05 PM »
loving the neon green  >:D

bars look so sweet in white now with decals on  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Re: Restoring my green 1985 master part 6. The bits are back from sbd
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Cheers bendy. This was a bit of an experiment for dan. As previously when he powdered green or pink the edges around joints and drop outs would come out black. To cure this it was decided that the frame and forks would have a base coat of powdered white before a top coat of the green. It worked a treat. No black lines on this one. Even though it was a little bit more expensive it looked right.  :) :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my green 1985 master part 6. The bits are back from sbd

gfxgfx
gfx gfx