gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 06:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my 1985 green master part 4 the search for a set of action zone bars!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Restoring my 1985 green master part 4 the search for a set of action zone bars!  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
As you may have noticed if you have been following my resto threads the handlebars that were on the bike when I got it were a set of rickman freestyle bars. They were not really my cup of tea as I thought they looked a bit to big. Luckily for me mani asked me if I wanted to sell them at mk 11. So the deal was done. They have since been rechromed and put on his trm build.

There was only one set of bars for me. The elusive action zones!!

I put up a wanted thread on rad and recieved nothing. Only a few people saying they were nice but equally rare. One rad member even let on he had two sets. But wouldnt sell them!  Thanks kappy!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Anyway I done a google search on action zones and it came up with several threads on different forums. I looked at each forum and sent messages to everyone that had posted some of theirs or a friends set. This was in excess of 50 messages/emails. And I kept getting the same replies. It was either they are super rare and I'm keeping them or I sold them a few years back and wished I hadn't.
This was very frustrating I had a bike with no bars and I couldn't get the set I wanted. So I looked at other bars I liked the look of and decided to get hold of a set of dp ladder bars. Now these are a bit rare as well but I knew there was a set for sale but they commanded a high price. Anyway the deal was done and the ladder bars were bought. I thought they would do and if I found a set of action zones I could always sell them on.

Here is a pic.

But the story didn't end there. As one of my messages did find a chrome set from picklez on rad. They were in reasonably good nick with a small dent in the crossbar. I was going to get them powdered anyway so this wasn't a problem. So they were purchased and taken down to Hockley to have the chrome stripped off them. Once this was done it was time to get out the brazing kit and repair the small dent (this bought me back to my panel beating days again!)

Here are some pics :)

All ready for powder coating by the one and only superbikedan!

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
I want the ladder bars :LolLolLolLol:

Good score Stu

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
I want the ladder bars :LolLolLolLol:

Good score Stu

I dreamt last night that I found some Action Zone and Ladder Bars, spooky!! :shocked:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
I sold on the ladder bars last year. Since then I have managed source a second set of action zones for another build in the future!  8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoring my 1985 green master part 4 the search for a set of action zone bars!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx