gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 07:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A mongoose menace and a useless seller.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A mongoose menace and a useless seller.  (Read 599 times)

Bettsy87

A mongoose menace and a useless seller.
« on: January 20, 2012, 02:54 PM »
Hi all, I seem to have gotten myself into an annoying predicament.
Back in november, i found a cheap looptail mongoose menace on ebay, i liked the look of it so i won the auction (36 quid) the seller advertised postage for 25 pounds also.
A few days passed and the seller emailed to say he was having car problems, i said no worries, just let me know when you get it posted. Well more weeks contunue to pass and more excuses were given and now we're in january and i still dont have the bike!
The only reason i havent asked for a refund or taken further action is because i really want the bike, but im not sure it's ever gonna turn up.
If i could find another one i'd buy that instead, but i havent seen anymore for sale. or should i try for a refund and put the money towards building an e.t rep?
Sorry about ranting, but i needed to get it off my chest. grr

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: A mongoose menace and a useless seller.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 03:08 PM »
You might struggle to even get the money back now ... isn't there a time limit on making a claim through paypal?  Sure it's 6 weeks or something.  And i know there is a time limit on even leaving him negative feedback so you could well be screwed  :-\

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 03:18 PM »
You might struggle to even get the money back now ... isn't there a time limit on making a claim through paypal?  Sure it's 6 weeks or something.  And i know there is a time limit on even leaving him negative feedback so you could well be screwed  :-\

That's it Tel, you look on the bright side of it.  :2funny:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Bettsy87

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 03:23 PM »
Lol thats what i though akgoff, but i have the horrible sinking feeling you might be right wildon! i feel like such a mug for letting it drag out this long.
That 60 quid could've bought me loads of other tat in those two months. arse.

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 03:29 PM »
 ???

Just open a case through ebay for an item not recieved.....

TIMMO1966

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 04:18 PM »
You only have i think,45 days to file a claim or leave feedback but no harm in trying.

Bettsy87

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Yeah i suppose it wont hurt to try, but that means i dont get a looptail, anyone got anything they want to sell? lol

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 04:56 PM »
haha, sorry to put a downer on it but it happened to me.  When i first got back into this i bought a Haro stem from that tit babelovely on ebay.  I got it and it was fake so he said send it back to him in Thailand.  kept asking if he got it and he said no every time ... when i finally realised he was full of it it was too late to dispute it or to even give him any negative feedback  :tickedoff:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 05:26 PM »
Some people can be right fookin cnuts.

TIMMO1966

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 05:47 PM »
It happened to me with some really nice Araya 7x rims from the US about a year ago.There was no mention of were they 36 or 48 hole but just counting them on the photo they were 36`s.He sent them as wheels on the custom paperwork and they tried to charge me £100 import duty but when i eventually got the ebay invoice to them   (for $11.00)   there was no import duty to be paid.This was about 2 months later and the w$nker sent a knackered pair of 48`s that were no use to anyone but it was too late to leave feedback or claim.A lesson learnt

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 09:55 PM »
No way of finding where he is? Must be someone on here near him to go and ask nicely :LolLolLolLol: people don't like having the door knocked ;)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Yes. Once you have won an auction you should be able to access the sellers address details. I would then do as obove and find someone willing from rad to go and knock on his door and collect it! I wouldn't even tell him. At least there is no excuse for him then!  If the rad member manages to get hold of it. He can just post it to you at cost.

Hootski70

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 11:39 AM »
Me and my brother and Dordy are in Sheffield if he's near us , we would happily go and knock on the door for you .  :daumenhoch:

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 05:15 PM »
Yep this has happened to me a couple of times, the first time they did get a visit from me and a coupe of friends and lets just say they choke up :) and the second time as they were to far away i told them i will take them to a small claims court and that done the trick aswell, specially when i found out where they worked through facebook and started calling there lol/
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

Bettsy87

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 05:21 PM »
Well i've sent another email to him, emphasizing how annoyed i am. I tried to find his adress, even requested his details from ebay but it didnt include his address, only his phone number.
Thanks for the offsr discostu, but hes in Weymouth, Dorset.
Anyone near there?

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 10:02 PM »
ocasionally there must be good reason. i ve always wondered how you notify ebay as a seller if you dont make it through the night!   :D
oh well. but most of the time i think they are either semi retarded or just complete pikeys !!

i think a visit should be in order!

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 10:06 PM »
The answer to all your problems;

WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A mongoose menace and a useless seller.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx