gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  oldskool stuff
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: oldskool stuff  (Read 6480 times)

ratty67vw

oldskool stuff
« on: January 19, 2012, 12:59 AM »
went through my sheds today to see what i could find .had bmx,s back in the 80,s  nothing special just the usual burners and stuff .the last bike i rode was my meteorlite freestyler that was in 1986 .i still have it and have finaly got around to starting the resto

sand blasted frame must get the stem and forks off next (they are well stuck)

next up is my team murry same story as the meteorlite stripped for rebuild

also have this falcon pro 24 inch cruiser

found some other stuff in the shed as well spot the mag wheel  :D

ratty67vw

Re: oldskool stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 01:03 AM »
also found this in the shed propper cheapy job my brother bought it years ago never been ridden  :D

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 01:12 AM »
that looks one hell of a cool shed you got there mate.
the bikes are cool but i wanna see more pics of the stuff in there lol.
dave the bmxing gypo

rad_pitt

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 01:35 AM »
As above, cracking 'shed' - wish mine was like that  :LolLolLolLol:

Some nice projects to get your teeth stuck into there too  :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 10:29 AM »
Aha!a meteor-lite at last!ive been asking to see a pic of one for ages!i had the choice between a meteor-lite and a Dragon freestyler when i bought my first bmx as these were the only 2 framesets the shop sold,the rest were complete burners etc.I opted for the Dragon in the end and regretted it as it weighed a ton and i couldnt do any tricks on it!Are you going to do it back in white?i spotted some meteor-lite black/white grips on ebay being sold by bankrupt bike parts v.recently they should still be there,a little pricey at £15 though.Good luck with the resto,will be nice to see this done as you dont see them often. :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Looks like a Redline Forklifter stem on the Meteorlite. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

ratty67vw

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:19 PM »
thanks for the comments .
yeah i remember getting the meteorlite i swapped it for another falcon pro
.they were also a very heavy bike i kinda like them with a bit of weight  ( bikes that is  :D ) not sure what colour to do it yet
had it so many different colours as a lad . cant decide wether to restore usuing parts i would have liked back in the day but could never afford.
or restore back to the way it was when i last rode it will decide when i habe the spray gun in hand  ;) .
not sure about the stem could be a copy redline .
the pics with the falcon pro and cheapy job were taken in our good shed its like a small museum lol got all sorts in there from tin cans to tractors model cars anything old really.
may put pics up .the old skool frame pics were taken in the shed i do my vw bus restos .(have alot of sheds )

griff

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 12:45 PM »
I've got shed envy  ;D

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 02:14 PM »
Great looking shed that fella, and great skills to balance those mags in a pyramid  ;D
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

ratty67vw

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 02:54 PM »
Great looking shed that fella, and great skills to balance those mags in a pyramid  ;D

thanks man if i can balance as good myself when i finaly get back on a bmx i will be happy :2funny:

as for haveing shed envy griff its great to have big sheds but keeping them tidy is a pain lol.

if its ok with the mods i will put up pictures of whats in there but i dont want to clutter up the site with non bmx stuff

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 03:45 PM »
Your best bet is to start a thread in the Lounge as thats non BMX stuff  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 04:59 PM »
I've got shed envy  ;D

I've a shed-on Griff. :P

Have a look at the stem, a gen Forklifter has Suntour stamped on the post. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Now thats a shed shed i could spend all day in there, proper aladins cave   :daumenhoch:

ratty67vw

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Your best bet is to start a thread in the Lounge as thats non BMX stuff  :daumenhoch:

sounds like a plan . will take afew pics and post them up in the lounge so

will check the stem when i manage to get it out of the forks lol

deeman

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 07:03 PM »

sounds like a plan . will take afew pics and post them up in the lounge so

will check the stem when i manage to get it out of the forks lol

you can usually tell by looking underneath the stem,on the cast part.if it is smooth its probably a 'fakelifter'.original forklifters have a deep channel  a couple of cm wide cast into the bottom.id be v.surprised if its original!if it was it would be worth double what the frame and forks are!! :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 09:13 PM »
I know where there is a shitload of grey and black meteor-lite grips if they are any use to your build  ;)  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

ratty67vw

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 09:59 PM »
I know where there is a shitload of grey and black meteor-lite grips if they are any use to your build  ;)  :daumenhoch:

cool let me know where and how much  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 10:04 PM »
Tucked away in the back of a little bike shop not too far from me. What part of the country are you?
If you are desperate for a pair or two i could pick some up for you, think they were 7.50 a set, nos in a packet but dont quote me on that.

May be going past soon so i can call in and double check the price if you want.  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

ratty67vw

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 11:24 PM »
Tucked away in the back of a little bike shop not too far from me. What part of the country are you?
If you are desperate for a pair or two i could pick some up for you, think they were 7.50 a set, nos in a packet but dont quote me on that.

May be going past soon so i can call in and double check the price if you want.  :daumenhoch:

cool stuff . unfortunatly i dont live in the uk i live in ireland (grew up in essex ) but if you could find out a price for the grips that would be great i could send you the money including postage .

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 01:33 AM »
No probs, will see if i can get a pic for you too so you know they are the ones you want. Leave it with me  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 01:41 AM »

ratty67vw

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 11:45 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  oldskool stuff

gfxgfx
gfx gfx