gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 08:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Dk S.O.B (Series 1???)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dk S.O.B (Series 1???)  (Read 5968 times)

Semi-C

Dk S.O.B (Series 1???)
« on: January 17, 2012, 01:17 PM »
 Evening all, wasn't sure where to put this so thought I'd begin it here and see what happens. I was bequeathed a very early Dk S.O.B (mk1? Has a slightly different chainstay setup to later versions I believe. Any correct info anybody has about these would be greatly appreciated btw) and after painting it white, I was wondering if anybody knew the availability of an o.g set of stickers for one of these brutes? It's crying out for something to break up the acres of plain paint on it's flanks. Thank y'all for your time, here's hoping there's summit out there for it. Ta'ra len.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: Dk S.O.B (Series 1???)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Here's mine fella (a MK1):

Working on repopping an OG decal set at the mo from scant pics I've been given - will let you know when they're done :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Semi-C

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 01:48 PM »
 Goddamn that looks trick  :daumenhoch: Your sticker work sounds promising, I'd be dead excited to see how they turn out. My frame definitely has different chainstays to your one, I'll try and get hold of a camera and put some pics of it up here for comparison. My one used to be green in colour and originally had 10mm slotted dropouts but they were taken out to 14mm before I took custody of it. Curses  :(

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 01:52 PM »
Be interested to see yours - think there's a slight difference in stays (was the sweep less?). The bigger diffrence is the MK2's - some of them come with built in gyro tabs.

OG colours were black (a little bit after release), white and green :)

Semi-C

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:41 PM »
 On mine it's got one tube (with two bends in) from the dropout and this meets with a shorter tube just passed the AD mounts. Where mine looks different to yours is that mine are joined at a 45 degree angle and yours look like they're overlapped and capped subsequently. (Forgive my attempt at describing it :-[ , it reads very badly! It'll make more sense i hope when I can locate a camera). I recall seeing a black one at Vertical Skatepark with the same stays as yours some time ago, can't say I've ever seen too many of any variety in the flesh though.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 02:53 PM »
Def get a piccy up when you can - was unaware that the later one's had different CS's :)

Either way, they're forkin' tanks, great geometry and RIP Mr Winklemann. Think it was 2Bob that suggested someone should do a ratted up looking on a similar vein to the one in the DK shotgun ads - great idea :)

Nearly forgot - could you let me know your frame no? PM if ya like - interested as nearly all DK's from the late 90's start with letters corresponding to the frame type (ie DKGL, DKSOB etc) - found an SOB that doesn't :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:57 PM by dannywhac »

Semi-C

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 03:18 PM »
 I shall endeavour to do just that (photograph that is). I'm interested to find out what it rides like, never had it built before, just rescued it from the knackers yard and parked it with all the other abandoned waifs and strays from round this way  :'(, Tis certainly an eclectic mix of frames that inhabits my shed. As for the frame no, whereabouts on the frame would i locate it? Had a bit of a scout but nowt's turned up?? I hope you're not going to say it's on the underneath of it as I fear I may not be able to lift it without assistance  :)

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 03:28 PM »
 ;D Get ready to put yer back out.......it's on the bottom bracket :)

Semi-C

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 03:58 PM »
 Well, I've had a good poke around the bottom bracket region (fnarr fnarr...) and I cannae find a number on it. Reckon there's been far too liberal a dose of paint laid on it sadly :( .
 Unless it gets stripped of it's coat we can only assume.
 Sorry I'm of absolutely no help in this instance.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Crikey the SOB. I ook one for a test ride at green Machine, it was so heavy and horrid, even for the time, that I went for a General Lee frame instead. Hence my user name! But the SOB still looked bloody amazing. Esp in white

Warpig

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 10:13 AM »
Hey bro did you manage to replicate the decals for the MK1? I have this exact frame and all my mid school bits to build once it has a fresh powder coat. As you probably know these decals are unobtainable and I had the same idea to try and make my own using old web pics (can't find anything decent yet). Just wondering if you have any advice for me or if you did achieve a quality decal and are willing to share the template/design I could send you a few ££ through PayPal for your trouble.

Craig

Mdbh

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 10:17 AM »
My mate had 1 bitd and I loved it, it use to jump really good for a heavy bike and was very stable in the air it was the only bike even to date that I could bar spin and do no hander tricks like suicide to xups and stuff! I loved it! It was better then my mk 1 general lee as the back end snapped off lol

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 10:21 AM »
My mate had 1 bitd and I loved it, it use to jump really good for a heavy bike and was very stable in the air it was the only bike even to date that I could bar spin and do no hander tricks like suicide to xups and stuff! I loved it! It was better then my mk 1 general lee as the back end snapped off lol

Yeah, 97/98 were bloomin' lovely years for DK - the Generals (not all of em) had that problem with the rears - load of them flexed and finally snapped round the wishbone.

And I've just realised I made a boo-boo with the MK1 SOB serials - some of the later one's serials had DKSOB - the earlier MK1's had 'DK J'. I've got two SOB's now, thinking of selling them to the local gym to use for bench pressing  ;D

Mdbh

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 11:02 AM »
Ithink they where the only years for them if I'm honest anything after the mk1's or anything that had the gusset up from where crap!:)

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 01:23 PM »
i have a nos black one of these sitting in the loft

i was with twobob when i picked it up, i think it still has the dk info card stappled round the seat tube
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:26 PM by GINGERHOLMES »

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 01:29 PM »

i was with twobob when i picked it up, i think it still has the dk info card stappled round the seat tube

It's one of these'ns fella innit - Winkleman sig series :)

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/dk/31339#.UI6EJYb4Gf0

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 01:40 PM »
that looks like the one, it was sitting in the bike shop and i couldnt say no

its series bit of kit, but im not building anymore, so currently is in bubble rap getting dusty

darksunday

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 06:37 PM »
nice that , beast, I like it,

they Standard bash-forks?

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 06:41 PM »
nice that , beast, I like it,

they Standard bash-forks?

Yep  :daumenhoch: Raw (clear) + AD lugs.

Got a pair of the '98 DK Street Forks + jumping stem for the other big bugger as well, was gonna do a bit of an 'ebony & ivory' with the black General I've got.

Warpig

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 10:55 AM »

i

You thinking of selling your NOS SOB frame Holmes?

This is my first mid school build since I decided how much I missed BMX and bought a OG Robinson Ruckus.

See what you think of my parts list for the SOB build so far.....SOB frame (freshly powder coated Fire engine red), chrome DK street forks (nos), primo casket stem polished (nos), T1 bars black, profile 14mm SS hubs 48s black on chrome Alex supra E rims (nos), profile SS cranks chrome (nos), DK Iron Cross pedals (nos), 10mm Dk Iron Cross billet sprocket (nos), primo rod black (new), primo seat clamp polished (new), primo hemerrhoid seat black (new), primo gorilla headset chrome (nos).

If anyone has any decals would be awesome!!

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 01:53 PM »
yes the nos sob frame can go up for sale, im actually selling loads of mid school stuff, i just dont have the chance to build it anymore so im just riding when ever i get the chance, so i dont want this stuff going to waste in the loft when people might be looking for it

that list of parts sounds good, it will be a great bike

Warpig

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 02:57 PM »
That would be fantastic =D would mean I could have the exact bike that I want and could give my mate the one I have already to build up. Do you know what year or MK it is? Could you PM me with a price and we can take it from there? Cheers

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Those decals are from mid 99 onwards.

Warpig

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Yeah that's a MK2 in the pic looks sweet too... I prefer this decal design aesthetically but as with most original things there seems to be an air of nostalgia surrounding the MK1 decals. I Remember the first SOB I saw it was an MK1 army green my best pal had built with all oversized chrome parts bar the coke can style DK Epic hubs which where black....it was a beast!!

Offline GINGERHOLMES

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 11:04 AM »
sorry hadnt been on for a few days

i will get the bike out and pm some pics and details

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Dk S.O.B (Series 1???)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx