gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Sport Hurts...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sport Hurts...  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: Sport Hurts...
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 11:54 PM »
I was going a bit too slow and manualled the medium-large double after the step up/step down on the 2nd straight at Bradford.
I had to do a really big manual to get across and ended up bailing to the left but I landed on my front wheel and most of the spokes on one side of the wheel sheared the nips :bondage:
I'd been doing it easily at speed but not easy when going a lot slower.

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Ouch! See this is the yin to the yang of me researching getting into track riding. I get myself all daydreamy and excited, thinking yeah I reckon I could give it a go. The thought of pain and damage to me and any new bike I buy puts me off a bit.

Everything I read tells me not to push hard or reach beyond yourself at first. I'd be a natural at that approach ha ha! But then someone could go down heavy in front of you anyway and take you out. So selfish ;)

Glad everyone apart from the forks were ok...

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 08:13 AM »
Damn  :shocked:  racing is   so much fun to do, But when we crash  we are falling a lot harder then 20 years ago

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 08:42 AM »
Ouch! See this is the yin to the yang of me researching getting into track riding. I get myself all daydreamy and excited, thinking yeah I reckon I could give it a go. The thought of pain and damage to me and any new bike I buy puts me off a bit.

Everything I read tells me not to push hard or reach beyond yourself at first. I'd be a natural at that approach ha ha! But then someone could go down heavy in front of you anyway and take you out. So selfish ;)

Glad everyone apart from the forks were ok...

Keith - don't let this sort of thing put you off at all. I've generally been making steady progress with the riding, I've got SO much fitter, lost weight and gained loads of new skills that I didn't have even when I raced as a kid. I LOVE it  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Damn  :shocked:  racing is   so much fun to do, But when we crash  we are falling a lot harder then 20 years ago

It really wasn't a bad crash at all last night - I just bailed to the left but my bike went to the left as well and I landed on it ::)

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Cheers Jon, that's what I was hoping for. I'm not that competitive so will probably just be happy with improving technique and speed for myself very gradually once I (hopefully) start.

I have put a couple of feelers out on bmxtalk (thanks jaymz for the heads up) for a complete bike, and I'm watching a good full face helmet on the bay.

what else is wise (mask, gloves, knee & elbow pads, or full on body armour)?

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 09:56 AM »
Cheers Jon, that's what I was hoping for. I'm not that competitive so will probably just be happy with improving technique and speed for myself very gradually once I (hopefully) start.

I have put a couple of feelers out on bmxtalk (thanks jaymz for the heads up) for a complete bike, and I'm watching a good full face helmet on the bay.

what else is wise (mask, gloves, knee & elbow pads, or full on body armour)?

No need for a facemask if you'll have a fullface helmet. I find elbow pads of some sort invaluable as I always land on my forearms, gloves, and kneepads if I'm not wearing long trousers. I always wear some shin protection (mainly cos my right shin is already a mess). Body armour can be useful - no one knows exactly how you're going to fall ???

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Keith, i've got elbow pads and body armour for pennies if you want it mate ????

Can't remember what they are but they do have a decent name on them, 661 i think.

It's one of the reasons i gave up racing, 9 busted bones in 18months wasn't good. Plus i've a permanently dislocated collarbone and shoulder problems now from an off at Andover practising.

I'll stick to restoring.  :LolLolLolLol:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Cheers Andy, would defo be interested. After all of you guys tales there's no way I am not getting full PPE  :shocked:. I like my bones and blood where it is  ;D squeaky bum time is beckoning...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Sport Hurts...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx